Gloss Optimizer coverage a little odd

Pro ink prints throughout the white area of the print by default. If you want to only gloss the print part use the NWGCO curves (inside of the NWGCO folder inside of your curve folder: drag the curves to the main curve folder and hit the install command).

When you print with a NWGCO curve add a photoshop curve that brings your whites down by 1 point (so anything that is level 255 goes to level 254). This will ensure full gloss optimization of the printed image and zero gloss optimization of the surrounding paper.

The PiezoFlush does take time to get out of the GCO channel (more than the ink channels). You can use the purge procedures here to clear just this channel more: How To Flush Individual Channel using QTR Calibration Mode

best,
Walker

I’m using a 7900 and the Pro ink set. I printed my first print and find the result quite nice… except. . .
The gloss optimizer is printing in areas other than the print. I know this because not all of the Piezoflush
has been purged from the line, and I can see the border around the printed area as a slight pink border.
I use Print Tool and have noticed the extra GO is being printed where Print Tool’s grid is; GO is being
printed over all of the area shown by the grid in Print Tool. The image always is within this area, so it gets
covered with GO as expected. I can’t seem to reduce the grid area to match the size of the image. Is this
even possible?

Also, how long will it take to clear out the Piezoflush from the ink lines?

Daniel

That folder does not have as many curves. Can I duplicate a curve with GO and remap it with the numbers for
the curves in the NWGCO folder? i.e. can I take a regular curve and turn it into a NoGCO curve? By replacing
the LLK numbers?

OK. That sounds easy. Will I still need to make the curve in PS? I don’t own PS, so how is this done
in LR? Is it as simple as avoiding any highlight clipping?

Daniel

Yes. Or the easiest way is to open the curve that is printing into the white of the paper, (open in a text editor) and simply replace the first number under “# LLK Curve” with a zero.

Save the curve and run install command to update, then print.

-Walker

If you simply avoid and HL clipping you will be fine.