This is for the K7 system but maybe it works for the Pro too. I haven’t seen anything different specifically for Pro inks. The printer doesn’t know or care what is in the carts so I don’t see why it would be different. You may need to reinstall the Quad-K7 printer if you’ve deleted it, though I don’t think the Quad-Pro printer will be different in Calibration Mode.
- Open the 8-channel flush image in PrintTool
- Be sure your QUAD… K7 printer is selected in the Printer list.
- Select the paper size
- Resize and center image if necessary
- Be sure Print Color Management is set to No Color Management
- Click Run Print
- In the QuadToneRIP setup menu set Mode to QuadTOneRIP Calibration
- For coated paper leave Calibration Ink Limit at 100; for plain paper set it to 50
- Select relevant paper feed
- Resolution: 1440
- Speed: doesn’t matter
- Black Ink: Installed
- Click Print
To your other questions:
- Curves are not relevant in Calibration Mode.
- All channels will be purged equally.
- Maybe, but this is redundant if you run enough purge pages to flush out the ink that is currently in the lines.
Alternatively, you could run an Initial Fill if your printer has that function.
Hope this helps,