Reset chip for 4900 cart

I use RCS-4900 ink cart with automatic resetting chips with piezoflush.

To reset a cart to full, when I remove the cart after the message to replace the cart from the printer, I have read on the forum that the procedure is to remove the cart from the printer, to fill it with piezoflush again and to replace the cart in the printer.
When I removed the cart, it is still a significant amount of piezoflush solution in it. Is it necessary to remove it completely from the cart for the chip to reset? If yes, how can this be done?

Can a set of spare new chips (automatic reset without battery) be ordered for the 4900?

Thank you in advance

1. The carts do not reset by removing and replacing them. They will reset only when current is going to the chip (aka when the printer is printing). At this point, removing, topping off, and placing back in the printer will show a full cartridge. There is a safety level of ink remaining in the cartridge when the chips reset. This is the same amount of ink left in an epson cartridge FYI. (imagine the waste that Epson is forcing on people!). There is no ink level sensor on the cartridge connected to the chip. (these carts aren’t that smart).

2. Yes. Spare chips can be bought from us here: http://shop.inkjetmall.com/Auto-Reset-chip-and-holder-for-RCS-4900-printer-set-of-11.html

I always always recommend having a spare set of chips at the ready in-case anything goes wonky in the middle of production. Murphy’s law applies with printing 100%.

All the best,
Walker

For the spare chips you recommend, are they automatic resetting chips or is it necessary to connect the two contacts visible on the chips to reset as shown on some of your technical support data?
The chips on your spare carts do not have those two contact points.
Thank you for clarification.
Claude

These are auto-reset chips (ARC for short). Dual-contact reset chips are no longer available due to battery import laws and a host of other reasons.

best,
Walker

Spare chip in proposed set is 17.81 $ each. Individual spare chip are quoted 8.84$. What is the difference between the chips?
Thanks

Spare chip in proposed set is 17.81 $ each. Individual spare chip are quoted 8.84$. What is the difference between the chips?
Thanks