Epson 7890 Installer not working

I have a 7870 and am trying to install Quad Tone RIP with its curves. I have read and followed the directions but when I activate the installer by double clicking it after dragging it into the Profiles folder of QTR, the terminal does the job but says that QTR does not support the Epson 7890. I have my printer connected via ethernet and USB. Neither works.
I open Print Tool and my printer is listed but there is no QTR to select.
Help!
Paul Kohl

You need to re-name the install command from: “Install7890-K7.command” to “Install7870-K7=7890.command”

best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11425]You need to re-name the install command from: “Install7890-K7.command” to “Install7870-K7=7890.command”

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

I changed the install command, as suggested. The install seemed to work but I still have no QTR available in Print Tool. I have tried restarting but nothing changes. Any further suggestions for getting QTR to show up in Print Tool?
Thanks again…
Paul

Wait, you can’t see the Quad7870-K7 printer in the printer list?

No, I cannot…

please tell me what you see in Terminal after the install command runs

Below please find what the Terminal says…

ALERT! **** QuadToneRIP does not support printer 7890 ****

logout

[Process completed]

Are you using the most recent version ? 2.7.7?

It’s working here . . .

Walker

My copy says 1.0.7
This is a very old one?
Paul

My copy says 1.0.7…Were you referring to Print Tool? I can’t find anything with that kind of version number…
This is a very old one?
Paul

Were you referring to Print Tool? I can’t find anything with that kind of version number…

No. QuadtoneRIP. Is it 2.7.7?

Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11443]No. QuadtoneRIP. Is it 2.7.7?

Walker[/QUOTE]

Sorry, yes the QTR is 2.7.7
Paul

[QUOTE=Paul Kohl;11444]Sorry, yes the QTR is 2.7.7
Paul[/QUOTE]
Walker,
Does it matter that I have both ethernet and USB connections to my printer? I have been using ImagePrint and have had to connect via TCP IP and ethernet because ImagePrint can’t see the 7890 using USB.
Paul

I have tried redoing the suggested fix but continue to get the same response from Terminal: QTR does not support Printer 7890
Help…!

I private messaged you.

best,
Walker

Walker,
No message received yet…
Paul

I am having some of the same issues as Paul and have yet to produce a satisfactory print on my 7890. I have the selenium set and all I am getting are pink prints! Is anyone (administrator or user) willing to converse by phone when I am in front of my printer? My internet connection is in a different room than my printer and it is very difficult to tackle problems via online conversation. I too have downloaded what seems to be everything, but I have obvious problems. I have also inexplicably gone through almost all of my selenium tone ink (slot #9 on 7890) while only producing a dozen or so prints. The printer was new and I overcame a different problem (printer not recognizing cartridge) recently, but now there is this problem.
Thank you for any assistance.
Richard

yeah, I’m down for a Skype. I’ll PM you my account info. I’m teaching workshops in the morning tomorrow but in afternoon I could do it.

Best,
Walker

Thank you Walker. I do have availability in the afternoon. I have never used Skype from work before, so we will see how that goes. If there is a problem I will let you know.
Regards,
Richard