Yellow cartridge not reconginzed. Epson 9890

Hello,

I finally used up the original epson ink & replace them with your carts & inks for Epson 9890. All the carts were accepted except for one, Yellow.

Following is the message from Epson 9890 printer for yellow cart:

“NON-GENUINE CARTRIDGE! QUALITY OF NON-GENUINE INK MAY VARY.” “NON-GENUINE CARTRIDGE MAY NOT PERFORM AT OPTIMUM.” --> continue?

How can I fix this issue? I would appreciate any help.
Thank you.

Young

Press continue. This message is telling you it detects you installed a non-Epson cartridge, which you already know.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply.

Then, shouldn’t all other cartridges have same message?
It’s only yellow cartridge is recognized as non-Epson cart so the ink level doesn’t show on the printer display.
All the other carts show proper ink levels. If possible, I would like to see ink level for yellow as well.
Thank you.

I also noticed difference w/ yellow cart when resetting the chip.
While other carts would show solid green, yellow cart would continually blink green light (rapid).
Is it possible chip on yellow cart is defective?
Thank you.

Hi Dana,

As you suggested, I did “continue” to accept the cartridge & my Epson 9890 prints fine.
It’s only the ink level for yellow ink doesn’t show on the display panel.
Any idea for fix? Thank you!

I’m glad to hear you are able to print, but it does sound like this Y chip isn’t fully working as it should, so we are sending you a replacement chip to use on this cart. You can keep it on hand and replace it if you have issues with the Y chip (I’m not sure if it will reset correctly when the time comes for that), or replace it when it arrives.

Please let me know if you have questions or there’s anything further we can help you with.

I appreciate it very much.
Thank you! Have a great weekend :smiley:

Young

You are very welcome~ we are here to help our customers!