Wrong Cartridges for 7880?

I use a 7880 and this is my first use of your product. I ordered the full replacement pkg last July. The packing sheet Product ID isCCP-7880-220-KIT, order ID is S0307466348. When I went to replace the empty Lt Black OEM cart with the Cone cart, I noticed that the OEM Light Black cartridge needing replacement was a T6037 but the Cone replacement is T6047. After scouring the internet inconclusively, I decided to try filling & inserting the new Cone cart anyway and then found that the Cone cartridge cartridge wouldn’t fit into the printer. Comparing it with the OEM cart, the Cone cart is about 2.75 in longer. I must have ordered wrong, or you maybe have sent the wrong carts for my 7880. Also, no O-rings were included in the shipment. What can we do at this point? I’m re-inserting the empty OEM cartridge and suspending printing until this is resolved.

Thanks,

–Gene

Hi Gene,

I’m confused on what you are reporting.
You say your OEM cart is a T603700 and that is the LK model number for an Epson 7800 printer.
What we shipped you was a T6047 and that is the LK model number for an Epson 7880 printer.
Both our 7800 and 7880 cartridges are longer than the OEM. But they should fit in and lock in place in the printer. They should extend out slightly so that you can monitor ink levels visually. OEM cartridges run out of ink at about 80% empty, the refillable cartridges can be reset and also filled with more than 220ml ink.

Are you sure you have an Epson 7880 printer?
From what you are reporting you own a 7800 printer.

You did order for the Epson 7880.
Can you double check on your end?

[QUOTE=jon;9618]Hi Gene,
I’m confused on what you are reporting.
You say your OEM cart is a T603700 and that is the LK model number for an Epson 7800 printer.
What we shipped you was a T6047 and that is the LK model number for an Epson 7880 printer.

Are you sure you have an Epson 7880 printer?
From what you are reporting you own a 7800 printer.

You did order for the Epson 7880.
Can you double check on your end?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it says EpsonStylus Pro 7880 on the printer. The OEM carts in it are numbered T603x, I’ve replaced several in the past with Epson cartridges. They measure 7.25 inches long. I just looked at another Epson cart, T6031, the label says it’s for7800/9800/7880/9880, so these printers must all accept the same cartridge.

So are you thinking it does not fit because its longer (it holds more ink than an OEM cart and therefore is.)

After priming the cartridge (so it does not introduce air into your printer), did you insert it into the printer?

You should get a message that a non-OEM cartridge has been installed. You should accept these messages by scrolling down and clicking the accept button. Then go ahead and print with them.

Our shipping records indicate that you were sent the correct carts - the id that you are reporting on the cart says it is correct. Here is a video of what they should look like.

OK, this can be classified as a tempest in a teapot. I’ve filled & inserted 2 Cone carts & am now printing a nozzle check. Your video gave me a clue – the longer carts mean that the doors covering the cartridge sections won’t close. As a suggestion, this might be mentioned on the instruction sheet. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your suggestion, it is a good point. Glad you’re able to print this weekend.