Hopefully one of the Windows Wizards here can help me out with a peculiar problem.
Is it normal that QTRgui can’t print TIFF files with the .tiff extension, but is fine with the .tif extension?
The specific files in question are the Piezogaphy and PiezoDN Spyder Target files installed as part of the Piezography Community Edition. I noticed that all of the X-rite device specific targets use the singe-f .tif extension, while the Spyder targets have the double-ff .tiff extension.
Photoshop opens both variants and prints both as well. QTRgui opens both, but will only print the .tif files. Sending a .tiff file gets me this:
If I change .tiff to .tif it works fine.
This seems to be a QTRgui issue rather than a general Windows thing. It’s more of a nuisance than a serious problem, but I’m just wondering if others have had a similar experience or is mine unusual.
I am aware that there was a time when all Windows file extensions were limited to 3 characters, but I thought that ended long before QTR came along.