Will current Epson update 2.19 on Mac prevent 3rd party cartridges from working?

I have read a little bit about Epson’s firmware updates preventing aftermarket cartridges from working. My experience with Epson has only been with “normal” driver updates. Owning an Artisan 1430, my question is will the current update for the Mac render my Inkjet Mall cartridges useless? Are firmware updates included in the general software update?

We’re looking into it now, after hearing a few reports that the latest firmwares make third-party carts stop working…
In my experience, I have only updated firmware versions with Pro model printers, not desktop printers. For Pro model printers, the firmware is separate from the print driver, but one user reported the firmware was included in a new driver update, so it may be different for desktop model printers (or, Epson may have changed the way they do things).

I recommend not installing the firmware update right now, and wait for feedback from us after we’ve tested. If it’s working well, then it’s safe to stay as-is unless there’s a good reason to update.

If I don’t post an update directly on this thread, please keep an eye on our website and newsletters for additional information.

Warmly~ Dana