Where to set priority

when calibrating for piezo on a eizo monitor using color navigator the target settings are:brightness80,d50,gamma 2.2,black level minimum, but where is the priority set? adobe rgb? also what contrast ratio is best?

The calibration workflow we recommend is to set the Priority at Gray Balance.
The “Printing” Target is the best place to start (Brightness: 80 cd/m[SUP]2[/SUP], White Point: 5,000 K, Gamma: 2.2).
My understanding is the contrast ratio is determined at the end of the calibration process, and is not a setting you select.
Make sure to dim your viewing booth to match the brightness of your monitor for the best on-screen preview and print output comparison conditions.

I hope this helps, best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;926]The calibration workflow we recommend is to set the Priority at Gray Balance.
The “Printing” Target is the best place to start (Brightness: 80 cd/m[SUP]2[/SUP], White Point: 5,000 K, Gamma: 2.2).
My understanding is the contrast ratio is determined at the end of the calibration process, and is not a setting you select.
Make sure to dim your viewing booth to match the brightness of your monitor for the best on-screen preview and print output comparison conditions.

I hope this helps, best regards and happy printing~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that the contrast is basically the brightness/black point. So if you set brightness at 80 and black point at say 0.3, you will be targeting a contrast ration of approx 80/0.3 or 267:1.