What other orinters use the e880 carts?

I have a dead 3880.Trying to resusutate it, I bought the Flush Kit. After weeks of trying to uclog the 3880 it still doesnt work.

I dont wantto waste the 3880 flush carts ($200+) - so which other epson priners use the same cart as teh 3880?

Thanks
Frank

There are a lot of problems that can cause a 3880 to not be resuscitable.

Please list the exact condition of the printer and the steps you have taken for repair and I can see if there is a solution.

best regards,
Walker

Walker,
The printer sat unused with OEM carts for 10-15 years before it was given to me.

When I tried the first nozzle check, all but Yellow worked. So I bought a bottle of your PZ Flush and tried the paper towel cleaning method. The more I cleaned the head that way, the worse the nozlle checks became.

Next, I bought the 3880 flush kit (PZ FK-3880) , took the chips off the OEM carts and tried runnning every cleaning cycle, nozzle check etc. Now only the PK/MK channel works. Again, the more I cleaned the worse things got on nozzle checks, power cleaning, etc.

My original question is what other printers accept the 3880 carts? I wanted to keep the PZ FK 3880 carts for use in a new printer.

Thanks for your help

Frank

Walker,
Any suggestions on how to revive the 3880? Thanks

Frank

The P800 uses the same carts.

If your 3880 has been sitting unused with ink loaded for as long as you say it is, I’d wager that all or part of the ink supply system is gunked up. I mean that the ink in the lines from the cartridge bay to the dampers is probably turned to jelly or maybe even solidified. There was probably just enough ink in the head to give the appearance of mostly working at first. I saw this on a 7600 I tried to salvage a decade ago. On the 3880, that whole system from ink bay to dampers is one assembly. You will need to replace it to get this printer working again. That does not guarantee that there is not a problem in the head also. It’s not an easy project, but I’ve done it successfully, and you can too if you are careful and patient, and can follow the somewhat cryptic directions in the Service Manual and Field Repair Guide. You can get the part from Compass Micro.

Hope that helps,
Keith

Keith,
Thank you for the info. Do you know of any company that would do the replacement for me? I am kinda klutzy when it comes to this type of thing.

Thanks
Frank

Hi Frank,

I don’t personally know of any, though I live in the boonies of New Mexico. It’s probably best to avoid shipping it if possible so depends where you live I guess. Most large cities are likely to have at least one option. I know a friend in the SF bay area had found a place she was going to take her 3880 to for this same problem but she ended up deciding to get a P800 instead. There’s a guy in NYC who recently joined the Epson Wide Format group on iogroups who has a business called Printer Mender and seems like would be a good choice if you live in that area. In fact, join that group and ask there – I bet you’ll get lots of advice.

Good luck,
Keith