Waste tank 3800

I have changed the waste tank before on my other 3800. This one is the first reset for this one. Instead of it saying it is empty it still says that it is almost full. I tried reseting it again and turned the printer on and off no change . Your instructions says the printer should now read this tank as empty and you can continue printing as normal. I am not sure what to do as per you instructions the tank should not be empty when changing…

Hi Liza~

I have attached the 3800/3880 waste tank reset instructions below. Do you have a second waste tank that’s reading empty or near empty? If so, does your printer read that tank correctly as empty or nearly empty? Does the resetter light turn solid green after flashing red a few times when pressed against the chip for the tank you’re trying to reset? Please review the instructions and let me know if you’re following the steps exactly as written.

Thanks~ Dana

38XX Waste Tank Reuse + Reset-email.pdf (73.1 KB)

I have a related question. I read the instructions before buying the chip resetter. Upon receiving it, the included instructions (from the manufacturer) claim it can be used on both the waste tank AND the ink carts.

My current question is: does this “new” (?) chip resetter still require 2 maintenance tanks in the reset procedure? I’m on-location and my one tank is getting full. I have another one at home, but none here. I would try it, but don’t want to be completely locked out if it fails.

A future question would be whether the “new” resetter does in fact reset the cartridge chips. If so, I’ve found online videos of how to convert them to be refillable, which would be a more preferred solution than the auto-reset chips.

Thanks!

EDIT 7/16: Back home now and tested it. The resetter works on BOTH the waste tank and carts, provided you have “unused” versions (of both waste tank and carts) you can stick in during the reset process! Now I need to find a place that sells used official carts for cheap…

[QUOTE=tjncooke;4342]I have a related question. I read the instructions before buying the chip resetter. Upon receiving it, the included instructions (from the manufacturer) claim it can be used on both the waste tank AND the ink carts.

My current question is: does this “new” (?) chip resetter still require 2 maintenance tanks in the reset procedure? I’m on-location and my one tank is getting full. I have another one at home, but none here. I would try it, but don’t want to be completely locked out if it fails.

A future question would be whether the “new” resetter does in fact reset the cartridge chips. If so, I’ve found online videos of how to convert them to be refillable, which would be a more preferred solution than the auto-reset chips.

Thanks!

EDIT 7/16: Back home now and tested it. The resetter works on BOTH the waste tank and carts, provided you have “unused” versions (of both waste tank and carts) you can stick in during the reset process! Now I need to find a place that sells used official carts for cheap…[/QUOTE]

What do you mean with " provided you have “unused” versions…"?

As per the instructions for the waste tank, you need to insert a NEW waste tank into the printer, let the printer read the chip, then insert the tank with the reset chip. The same thing apparently is true for the ink tanks. I reset my OEM black cart, but upon insertion it still said empty. Inserting one of the “always full” refill carts sold here, closing the ink lid, then replacing the refill cart with the reset OEM cart, now showed full. I haven’t refilled my OEM carts yet, since they require modification to allow that. A project for this winter…