Walker's paper equivalent list repost/sticky?

Walker recently posted a list of all the brands of fine art papers and who really makes them. The reasoning was about which profiles to use. That is a fantastic resource, except I can’t find it now.

Doing a search for ‘paper’ ‘made by’ etc. is too general to find the old post. Walker, would you please post that list again and maybe make it a sticky?

I was just looking through some sample packs I got from IJM more than a decade ago, and I had noted the Cone name after the Han. name.

I don’t remember posting any such list. Doing so would go against a lot of confidentiality agreements that I have because IJM/CEP (and myself personally before working here) test a lot of paper for these companies and we also work with them somewhat when they are developing new papers.

If quality is a concern I would not worry about it any longer re: private label vs mill brand label as over-all quality has increased dramatically in the past 2 decades. But otherwise, find the papers that are produced/marketed by the actual mills

best regards,
Walker

I get why you phrased the reply as you did. OK.

The question is not quality, it is the knowledge of Cone X is equal to Han. Y I did write some of that on my sample sheets, so that’s a start.

Cone Type 2 and Type 5 papers are actually exclusive to us. They are not sold by any other name world-wide.

best regards,
Walker