Very loud clicking sound on every pass of the head - 3880

Dana, Walker, et al
I just installed a new MK ultra HD cart into my 3880. Printed a number of pages using the flush tiff through QTR calibration mode and everything was fine. Did a nozzle check and saw there was two spots that needed unclogging so used the automatic nozzle check. Immediately there was a very loud clicking noise every time the head passed - it finished the cleaning with a “cleaning error”. I then ran another regular nozzle check and each pass gave a very loud clicking noise and unfortunately now the lower 1/5 of the MK channel is clogged. I tried printing just a regular small print and the noise was on every head pass. My concern is what is that very loud clicking sound - any ideas?

Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

Do not try to do another cleaning!

You either have something stuck in your printer or your wiper blade or flushing pad is miss-aligned.

You will need to pull the power while the head is in motion so it’s free-floating, pull the head to the left and look in there.

it’s a mechanical thing.

-Walker

Walker
Thanks
I did a maintenance - capping station, wiper blade and under the head. Re ran the nozzle check - clog still a problem, however, the loud clicking sound has disappeared.
One down now the clog to go
Thanks
Bob

Walker
Followup
I tried doing a regular automatic nozzle check/clean and the clicking sound has come back? After other testing it is only clicking during the automatic nozzle check/clean. Wierd
Bob

This could be a loose auto-nozzle check sensor on the head (it’s essentially a light sensor).

As manual nozzle check is more accurate anyway, I suggest turning auto-nozzle check off.

-Walker