UV45 with digital negatives

Has anyone used the UV45 for making digital negatives for alternative processes that would require a DR of log 2.4 or higher? The description suggests that they dry fast and are capable of high UV density in multiple ink channels. Any reasons why they would not work as well (or better) as the pigment inks with QTR in a printer like the P600?

Sandy

We have several PiezoDN beta testers using a new ink-set that is derived from this. It works great as the shade 1.

best,
Walker

Any preliminary report on whether the beta testers are able to avoid the star wheel marks with the small carriage printers when printing high density range negatives, say of the type one would use with carbon and pt/pd?

Sandy

Yes. It does not produce star wheels marks even with the wheels down and is a K6-K8 system. This was the primary motivation for it.

It’s a carbon/dye coupled ink with UV inhibitors. Very unique actually, and not cheap like we think when we hear “dye” ink. The hard part for us was making an ink that did not start fading after 4 or 5 UV exposures. The carbon helps in both opacity and durability.

best regards,
Walker

Z[quote=“walkerblackwell, post:4, topic:6955”]
It’s a carbon/dye coupled ink with UV inhibitors. Very unique actually, and not cheap like we think when we hear “dye” ink.
[/quote]

Thanks for the information. When do you plan to market the UV45 ink set for digital negatives? And will it also be available for the Epson XP-1500,? And if so, with what driver?
If there is information on site that I have missed please send me links.

Sandy

It will most likely come out first on the 15000 but there are a lot of things on our plate before this. No landing pages yet

Best,

Walker

Of more pertinent note for you, one of our beta testers has it working quite well for carbon printing I hear :slight_smile:

Best,

Walker

Interesting, but what is it? Do you mean the inkset, or the XP-1500, or the Epson XP-1500 with QTR.? Or one or more of the above?

Thanks for the information. Look forward to more details.

Sandy