Two printers cant read 4 new refill ink carts

I have two 4000 printers and both of them will not let me use 4 new refillable ink carts. I get the “set cartridge” message on both machines. The carts are new. OEM ink carts work fine. Carts are Yellow, Cyan Magenta and Photo Black. I have replaced one of the chips but it did not help.

I have made sure the chips were clean and I have tried plugging them in with different pressures from side to side and forward but still no go.

What options do I have?

Thanks

Dwight

Hi Dwight~

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with your printers reading the refill carts.
What chip did you use to replace on one of the carts?
Are both printers flashing all four refill carts with the “set ink cartridge” message?
Does the error go away if you look at the printer’s LCD panel while pushing the four refill carts into the printer at the same time?

Please let me low so I can help you get back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;3450]Hi Dwight~

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with your printers reading the refill carts.
What chip did you use to replace on one of the carts?
Are both printers flashing all four refill carts with the “set ink cartridge” message?
Does the error go away if you look at the printer’s LCD panel while pushing the four refill carts into the printer at the same time?

Please let me low so I can help you get back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana[/QUOTE]

I used a chip from your company to replace the chip on one of my carts that was reading empty.

All printers are flashing set ink cartridge for all refill ink carts.

The error message goes away and display a empty box for the ink indicator until I lift the lever then the message returns.

Thanks

Dwight

Hmmm… are there plastic tabs on top of the carts for the locking lever to hold them into the printer? Are the plastic exit valve covers fully attached to the cartridge (they slide into place with grooves), and silicone exit valve seals flat/straight under the exit valve plastic seal?

~Dana

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;3467]Hmmm… are there plastic tabs on top of the carts for the locking lever to hold them into the printer? Are the plastic exit valve covers fully attached to the cartridge (they slide into place with grooves), and silicone exit valve seals flat/straight under the exit valve plastic seal?

~Dana[/QUOTE]

I checked and the plastic tabs are on all carts. I then slid the exit valve covers back and forth but still no luck. I have two other carts that work fine so don’t know what the problem is.

Thanks

Dwight

Thanks for the additional information.

After reviewing your order history, I see you bought the PK, LC and LK refill carts in 1/2013, then bought the Y, M and C carts in 11/2013.
Has the PK been working for the past year?
When did you install the C, M and Y carts into your printer?
Are you still using Epson carts in the LM and MK positions?

~Dana

Yes I am still using the LM and MK Epson inks. I normally change them out as I run out of OEM Ink so it takes a while before I install them into the printers. I installed the C, M and Y cart in the printer in Jan but have not had a chance to get them to work. Not pressed at the time since I did not have much to print on those printers. I have two 24 inch printers for those jobs. I misquoted and should have said that the LC is not working. PK and LK have been working great since I installed them last summer.
This weekend I will try the ink carts in the two larger printers. I can see that they don’t work in the two 4000s, so will try them in the 7600s.

Dwight

I was able to test the carts in my Epson 7600s. Both printers did not like the cart. The same error as the 4000. So what can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Dwight

Please clarify, is it just the LC cartridge that is currently not recognized by your three printers- or are you also having problems with the M and Y carts?
In post# 3 you said the printers are flashing set ink cartridge for all refill carts, then in post #5 you said two other carts are working. You also originally said four carts: PK, C, M + Y aren’t working, then in your last post said the PK and LK carts are working, but LC isn’t.

I assume you’re using the 6 refill carts together in the same printer- correct?
What is the remaining ink level in your Epson LM and MK carts?
Have you tried resetting the LC cartridge chip?
From your order history, I see you purchased a single replacement chip from us- for the PK cartridge. Which cartridge did you attach this replacement chip to?
I would like you to turn off one of the printer’s chip sensors, and let me know your results. We generally only recommend doing this when all refill carts are installed (to avoid running pre-filled carts empty, and getting air in the ink lines)- but doing this will give me useful information, and you can turn the sensor back on. The procedures for disabling the chip sensor with a 4000 or 7600/9600 printer can be found in your cartridge instructions.

Please let me know so I can help you get back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

There are 4 carts not working. M, Y C and LC are not working with the 4 printers. I wrote the incorrect one in my first posts that is the cause of the confusion. LM and MK are at 50% and 30% .
Photo black PK is working with the reset chip.

I will turn off the sensors tomorrow.

Thanks

Dwight

Thanks for clarifying. Has the LC cart been working well for the past year? Did you start having issues with the LC cart after installing the newer C, M + Y carts?

Please let me know your results after disabling the chip sensors.

Warmly~ Dana :slight_smile:

The LC had been sitting on the shelf until I put the others in. I still had OEM ink and used that up first. Ok, I turned off the sensors and was able to print but don’t have any way to test the levels of the two OEM inks I have in the machine.

Dwight

Thanks for the additional information, and for letting me know your results after disabling the printer’s chip sensors.
Based on your results with the chip sensor off, it sounds like these four chips may be not be working correctly, because the printer is indicating a connection with the sensors and chips by working with the sensors disabled (with the sensors disabled, the carts still NEED chips attached, and the sensors still need to have contact with the chips, but the chips don’t have to be for the exact color position, or even printer model- for example, you can use a same size/shape chip for a different printer model, and it will work as long as the printer’s sensors are turned off).

The 4000, 7600/9600 refill cartridge chips generally work well, but they’re getting to be older printer models, so the cartridge and chips designs have stayed the same for the past few years. We still have a good working 7600 here, but I haven’t used/touched Epson carts for this model in years, but believe I remember the chips can’t be used once they’re removed from Epson carts. We can send you four replacement chips, but I’m not not positive they’ll correct your problem. I think the best solution is for you to get the two remaining refill carts, and use them with the printer’s chip sensors turned off. You can remove and use the remaining ink in your Epson MK and LM carts in the refill carts, and it’s fine to physically mix with ConeColor ink (others have done this to avoid wasting their remaining Epson ink, and reported great results).

Please let me know if you’d like me to send the chips, if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.

Please send me the replacement chips and I will test to see if they work. I thought that ink is no longer available for my printers from Cone.

Thanks

Dwight

OK, I’ll send the replacement chips for you to try. We discontinued ConeColor K2 ink, but still have color pigment ink available for the 4000 and 7600/9600. We have a chart that clarifies which ink to use in which position with these printer models: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.11/category.42690/.f

I was able to get all ink carts working except Cyan. That port still works with the OEM ink. I will just get replacement carts for the OEM cart I still use and then turn off the monitor for the ink.

Thanks for your time and help.

Dwight

Thanks for the update Dwight, I’m glad to hear you were able to get 3 of the 4 carts working. What did you do to get the three carts recognized by your printer?
Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

I did nothing but replaced the chips on all carts. Just Cyan is being hard to fix. But that doesn’t matter since I can just turn off monitoring of the carts.

Dwight

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: