Trouble with 9800 printer

The last two colors on my Epson 98oo on the left the LLBlack and L megenta do not show up onmy test pattern. At first I did the normal cleaning then I did three power cleaning and one sonic cleaning. Then I printed a large cepia print and did not see any difference in that one and one I did several months ago I . I then did the Windex thing and let it stand for a few hours. Then I finally got a good test patern. During that time I also talked to a tech. person from Epson who said that if I do a test pattern each day I would be fine. I did that for a few days and every thing was fine, untill the third day then again I had the same problem. And this time I did a 13x19 color print and again I did not visually see any difference even tho the test patern still came up empty on the 8th and 6th line. I will call you in an hour or so. I do hope you will help me solve this problem. I may also add I am not a heavy user of my printer. It may stand for a few weeks at a time. I did follow your instructions and gently shake the colors up before usinng the machine.etc

Hi Bruce~

I reviewed your order history, and see you first purchased ConeColor inks and refillable carts for your 9800 at the end of 2012. Since I have not heard from you until now, and you have purchased more ink since then, I assume everything has been going well and you have been happily printing until recently.

Based on your message, I have some questions in order to get a better understanding of your situation, to help resolve the issue you’re experiencing. Since I am not at your printer, and do not know all the details of history and use, etc… it will be quickest/easiest for me to help you if you provide me with detailed answers to my questions below.

1. What is the current ink level of your LLK and LM refillable cartridges?
2. When did the LLK and LM positions first start not fully printing?
3. Did this issue begin after the printer had sat unused for a period of time, or during regular printing?
4. Did the two channels slowly start to drop out, starting with a few nozzles, then get progressively worse- or did the entire positions suddenly stop printing?
5. How are the other six channels printing?
6. How often have you been using your printer, and agitating the cartridges?
7. When was the printer last serviced with new parts, such as dampers, wiper blade, cap pump assembly, and flushing box?
8. Have you followed our instructions for manually cleaning the capping station, flushing box, and bottom of the print head? If not, I recommend you do this, which you can find instructions for here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance

Please let me know all this information so I can help you resolve this issue and get back to happily printing.
Thanks and best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

All the inks go down in volume.

Hi Bruce~

I thought of a few more questions:
1. Have you noticed your printer’s pressure pump turning on more frequently around the time the LLK and LM started having flow issues?
2. If so, are you using o-rings on the air inlet points of these cartridges for a good seal with the printer?
3. Are the exit channels of these carts correctly filled with ink for good flow?
4. Please open the front cover of your printer and examine the length of ink lines- are they all filled with ink, or is there any air inside?

Your answers are crucial to my being able to help, so please provide detailed responses to all my questions (12 total between my two messages) in order for me to be able to help you resolve this and get back to happily printing (which is what we both want!)
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

#1 the inks are 1/3 to 2/3 full
#2 About 7 to 10 days ago
#3The problem began after the printer sat for 2 1/2 weeks at which time I did a gental shake
#4 They just stopped
#5 they were working just fine then one day I did several power cleaning. Then I printed up something then did a Windex thing. soaked some paper in placed it under the head and that fixed it for a short while. Talke to a Epson repair man and he said what I ought to do is to print a pattern check to keep the the head from clogging up that work for two days then the problem came back. I did another Windex thing and the next day the right pattern ,all four nozzels are clogged. I did another power clean and a SS cleaning with no results. Also I may add all the inks were being used at the same rate.
#6 I do the agitating as you suggested.
#7 two years ago. I may add that I am a slight user of the printer. #8 The capping station is not the Problem

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;1506]Hi Bruce~

I thought of a few more questions:
1. Have you noticed your printer’s pressure pump turning on more frequently around the time the LLK and LM started having flow issues?
2. If so, are you using o-rings on the air inlet points of these cartridges for a good seal with the printer?
3. Are the exit channels of these carts correctly filled with ink for good flow?
4. Please open the front cover of your printer and examine the length of ink lines- are they all filled with ink, or is there any air inside?

Your answers are crucial to my being able to help, so please provide detailed responses to all my questions (12 total between my two messages) in order for me to be able to help you resolve this and get back to happily printing (which is what we both want!)
Best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

I am not sure how th answer the first question. I do notice that sometimes when I turn in the Epson it goes right on and other times it takes a while. A few times i opened the stopper on top of and it makes a pressure on top and they are al the same. So the pressure on all eight are the same. There are ink leaks on the right side of the Epson but these ink do not seem to be the broblem. As for the o-rings , are these the springs loaded holes where the ink comes out of. If that is what the question is it would be highly unlikely it would be defective on all four. The answer to number 4 is yes they are all filled. I looked and all the inks look like there are all lfilled with inks. All the ink levels are going down,for sure. Is it posable that the problem is the capping station?

Hi Bruce~

Thanks for the additional information. Regular cleaning and use of your printer is very important for getting the best results and longest life from your printer, so I do recommend you follow our instructions for cleaning your printer’s capping station, flushing box, wiper blade and bottom of the print head.

Please clarify what you mean by “There are ink leaks on the right side of the Epson but these ink do not seem to be the broblem.” Photos can also be helpful if you have difficulty explaining.
Are you now saying all four colors on the left side aren’t printing at all??
Infrequent use if actually worse for a printer (especially a pro model) than regular use. We recommend regular use of the printer and agitation of the ink cartridges (like weekly, or at least every two weeks) for the best results and longest life from your printer.

Please let me know so I can help resolve this issue for you, thanks- Dana :slight_smile:

Give me a call and just maybe we can solve the problem. Doing this for me by e-mail is difficult. I am not a good writer. Bruce

Hi Bruce,

We use the forum for free technical support because in the time it takes to make a phone call, Dana can solve the needs of many customers. Also, the experience of one customer receiving support benefits those who run into the exact same thing. Most problems are the same thing with something overlooked, or poor maintenance habits, or workflow issues. Sometimes a unique thing shows up but it’s very rare. If you prefer not to type and participate on the forum - we do have hand holding telephone support available. You can buy a 15 minute or a 60 minute session and the 60 minute can be used in four intervals:

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.18/category.47401/.f

After you make your purchase we will contact you to set up a time that is both convenient for you and for our technician. She is already familiar with the issue and if its easier for you to answer her questions on a phone than by wrtiting - she will notate them and either give you immediate follow up advise or make a further plan for follow up if necessary.

From following the thread it does sound more and more like a maintenance issue or a mechanical issue due to lack of use. But, we are able to usually get our customers to fix these problems and adapt preventative measures for infrequent use of their equipment. So there is hope!

Best regards,

Jon

I am am not a tech. person and I write poorly. Your competition takes the time to talk to me and understand what is happening and said they will stick with me till the problem gets solved.You take the easy way out. Its the human touch that counts. Bruce

I am sorry Bruce. We tried. You have a tech problem for certain - and I have a technician holding your issues in her attention but has been waiting for you to reply. I am sorry that we can not service you. I am sure that this company that has the time to talk with you will solve your issue - and you are fortunate that they have enough man power to talk with each customer. It does appear to be a maintenance issue from lack of usage of the printer.

We don’t. We’re a very small company. We do the best we can with what we have. We are successfully supporting our customers through the forum and they are taking the time to respond to questions for which they are seeking help. If she had to ask everyone a question on the phone and get their answers and then type them into her data logs - she would not have time to help you. So this way - everyone gets helped.

Anyways, I will close your case. By the way, you write well when you are angry or complaining.

Best regards,

Jon

They, the other company, looked at my problem as a challenge, you on the other had were challenged. In the end it was me who got screwed by investing what little money I have and trusting you & your inks For a short while I thought that you could handle my problem but NO. I got one person pissed at me for recommending you and the other changed his mind and stuck with Epson inks. My big wonder is if you are a small company and do not have the man power to take care of a small problem like myself do you have the man power to have good inks. I expect my problem is a technical one, but it all boils down to trust in a company. Its the little guy that counts. You ought to take the time and not shove a problems into a blog . I will be honest when I get the word out about Cone inks and say that I did have a problem and not sure if it was the inks or a tech. problem but…I will lay money that I was not the only one.

Before I buz out of you life forever I have just have a few more things to say. I was in retail for many reyears. I get some real good advice from a consultant that I listened to and helped me have a modertly successful business. Number one— I never had a return policy any one at any time could return anything for cash or merchandice. The reason I had such a policy is at the end of the year the amount I would give back did not mount to a hill of beans and the good will paid for itself. The next bit of advice I took was to put my money with my customers. Which I did with much success. My store was call Pacific Rim and located in Manayunk. I was on the board of directors for years they know me there. You can check if you like. The first red flag I got from you was when you charged me some small amount of money for a plastic thing. It would have been a nice gesture. The mental picture i get about your company is some offices connected to a large building with a bunch of 50 gallon drums and plastic containers etc. I would love to get all the money I spent with you back but knowing how you treat a customer I think would be hitting my head against the wall. Good buy and good luck.

Bruce,

I understand your frustration - but there is no magic cure for a neglected printer that gets remedied with a phone call.

We are trying to help you. You are nearly there! You just need to reply to questions Dana has about your printer and it’s current condition so she can eliminate variables and make a wise assessment and prognosis and then give you some thoughtful advise on how to repair or remedy it.

It is possible that you may have only some minor things to do or you may need to do a lot. Dana is trying to find out if there is a more simple fix or a more invasive procedure to save this machine. We’re not trying to sell you a complete flushing system and a set of dampers and get an easy out. We are trying to save you money and get you fixed simply if possible. We’re on your side, Bruce. And we are still here if you wish to get to the bottom of it.

I’ll leave the thread open - and I hope that you will respond to Dana’s last questions which were:

Please clarify what you mean by “There are ink leaks on the right side of the Epson but these ink do not seem to be the broblem.” Photos can also be helpful if you have difficulty explaining. Are you now saying all four colors on the left side aren’t printing at all??

We just need to understand fully what the problem is before we can help you to fix it.

Best,

Jon

Jon I am still having a problem. I may have been hasty in my comments ,sorry. One of the inks on that side is an Epson ink I still have a problem with all inks on the left side of my epson printer 9800. All the lights. LLBlack,Lblack,l magenta and L cyan. Any help would do . I replaced the docking station actually did it myself. Bruce

Bruce,

We’re not an Epson repair house. Having said that, you are welcome to continue using our technical support forum - we left the case open. If you can clearly explain what the problem you are having is, or answer the questions that the technician has been asking you, and it is in our ability to help you we will.

I must say however, that I thought our competition was fully supporting your problem with free telephone support. You made that very clear to me when you last wrote me. So I am curious as to why you have come back to continue seeking technical support from us.

Regards,

Jon

The difference is the boss of the other company looks at my problem as a callange. And we talk on the phone. You could if you want to talk to your tech people and get to the end of it. But know you shove me off to a forum. You do not get it. Each customer is important but you are stuck on that freaken forum. Are you an A type of personality? Sorry to have bothered you. Rats!!! My mistke to have called you again. I am stupid.

Bruce,
This is not a forum we shove people off to. This is our technical support mechanism by which we understand peoples problems, get straight to the matter, and offer as speedy a resolve as possible.

In the meantime, other people benefit by seeing how problems that are common are fixed - and the forum is helping others to help themselves.

Everyone has been very cooperative and enthusiastic about our technical support. You have been the only person that is constantly abusive to us - and yet at the same time refuses to tell us what your printer problems are or answer our questions. The challenge for us has not been your printer problem. We don’t actually know what it is and are in the process of trying to understand. We’re just trying to help you. And we do not mind dragging it out of you, but we should not have to continue taking your verbal abuse.

I don’t believe that you are a customer who is trying to seek help for your printer problems. If you truly had a printer problem that you need fixed or help with, you would not kick us around like this. This has been all just too strange. I am going to close this thread and I am sorry but I am going to have to ban you from the forum.

This thread is closed.