Trouble using PiezoFlush dummy cartridge on Epson 1430

I can’t use PiezoFlush dummy cartridge on Epson 1430. Following instructions to move print head to left on printer over Bounty paper towel, I cannot open the print head cover to put in dummy cartridge and use the syringe. Is there a solution to this. I looked at your instructions, Dana, and did not see this problem addressed. Thanks for your help as always. Bill

Position the print head over the folded paper towel first, then open the cartridge carriage lid, remove carts and insert the dummy cart to flush the print head channel(s).

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

The problem, Dana, is when I slide the closed cartridge carriage over the folded paper towel, I cannot open the cartridge carriage lid because the top opening of the Epson 1430 does not permit the lid to be opened. I can open the cartridge carriage lid on the right hand side of the top of the printer but the PiezoFlush would damage the printer’s innards below. (I assume the print head and cartridge carriage are the same, aren’t they?) Thanks, Dana

Yes, the print head is in the bottom of the cartridge carriage. After sliding the print head/cartridge carriage over the folded paper towel, position the print head/cartridge carriage in the ink change position to be able to open the lid- as demonstrated in our video: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.I/id.222/.f (the only difference is the printer used in the video has the cartridge carriage removed, but is positioned the same as you would a printer with the lid still on).

~Dana :slight_smile: