Thift ink clogged print head on epson 4530 printer in only 2000 pages

I purchased your epson refillable cartridges and your inkthrift DB ink, within 2000 pages of installing the black cartridge my print head is completely clogged and will no longer print. I have 4 of these printers and have printed cumulatively about 50,000 pages with them and have never experienced a clog until I switched to your ink. I don’t know what can be done to unclog it but if I have to perform maintenance every 2000 pages the cost savings on the ink isn’t worth it. This printer is used at least 3 times a week and was in the middle of a 400 page print job when it clogged. I would like some advice on unclogging it so I am not out a 300.00 printer as well as the money wasted on the ink and cartridges.

Thanks
John

Hi John~

I’m sorry to hear of your troubles.
Did you remove the air vent plug and prime the refillable cartridge as per the instructions before installing into your printer?

Please let me know so I can help you resolve this and get back to happily printing.
Thanks~ Dana

Hi Dana,

That did it thank you very much. I was of the understanding the plug had a vent hole in it, so I didn't think a vacum would build up in it. I appreciate the fact you answer the forum requests as many support sites don't. Sorry about the bad vibe in the original post but I had a rocky start getting startes on the cartridges and thought this may be a pattern. I am glad to see it's not. 

THanks again

Hi John~

Thanks for the update, I’m glad to hear your problem is resolved after opening the air vent hole. Product knowledge and customer support is very important to us, so we are always here to help our customers! I understand how frustrating things can be when they don’t work as expected (no matter the reason), so am happy your problem is solved.

Please let me know if you have further questions or there’s anything else we can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: