Streaking in Negative, Stylus 7880, PiezoDN-Cyanotype

Walker:

I’ve not experienced this condition before. And of course, I need to print in order to meet a deadline.

I cleaned the printer last night (a test print showed the same condition yesterday). Do you have a recommendation for me?
Streaking-3 Streaking-2 Streaking-1

Dear Darrell

Sorry for late reply. It looks like your black channel is having issues, possibly with the all-to-common black ink switch damper. Please post a nozzle check

regards,
Walker

42A39EE1-0A35-4559-909F-5054B832DA82.jpeg

Please private message me a .zip of the curve (.quad) that you are using.

-Walker

Walker:

I will try to get back to you tonight. I’m working right now and being attacked from all sides!

Oof, I’ll stay on the horn tonight.

Best,
Walker

Walker:

Today was the model that Monday stereotype was based on. Hopefully it is now over!

FYI, my deadline crisis is over. even though I had the streaking, it didn’t seem to affect the photograph, just the masking. So I printed my three photos and although the Mid-Tones were a bit darker than optimal, they looked pretty good under glass. And they are now on the wall at The Vermont Center for Photography.

Attached is the curve I used. It is the stock Cyanotype curve. I had intended to calibrate it, but the paper I planned on using (Hershel Platinum) was problematic and Iran out of time. Having used the stock curve one your printer last February I took my chance and used it on my 7880.

It looks like I may have a little “me-time” coming up, so I think I will dedicate a little time to printing and linearizing some curves. However, I would like to resolve this streaking. I didn’t do a PiezoFlush, which a will do prior to my next printing session.

Please let me know if you recommend any other troubleshooting steps.

Darrell

Pro-PiezoDN-Cyanotype.quad.zip (3.25 KB)