Stopping SCP6000 from running cleaning cycles

Hi,

My first post here… I’ve an scp6000 and I know has CL head that is not working… so I’ve converted the printer to Piezography as a seven channel matte black printer. Thanks to Mr. Blackwell, that has all gone smoothly and I am getting good piezo prints out I’ve done 56 small 8x10 test prints and it’s going smoothly.

My problem is that when I turn it on it auto checks for clogs, and then does an cleaning cycle… (I know the cl channel is delaminated so the printer will never give a good check… and auto does cleaning cycles…
which is a waste of ink, because I know it won’t give a good check…

Is there a way to stop this auto check whenever I turn the printer on… and I have selected never auto clean in the preferences…

I appreciate any help that can be given… tired of wasting ink on a know problem.

Thanks

Wade

most likely it will force you to clean that every time. You can set the printer to not auto-power down though! I believe it’s in the maintenance menu or in the main menu under printer settings.

The Epson manual for this printer (or a quick google search) should tell you how to keep it from power save.

regards
-Walker

Hi Waker,

Thanks for your note… I guess I’ll just have to live with it. Too bad.
I do have the printer set to not power down… and that helps to avoid a few needless cleaning cycles.

Thanks again.

Wade

Do you have cleaning off?
Printer setup, auto nozzle check, auto cleaning, off.