Some questions about Piezography curves for Epson R2880 printer

Hi,
I’ve read various thread on this topic but I’m still a bit confused.

I currently use this matte papers:

• Epson Heavy Weight Matte 167 gms (with K7-2880-EpMatteHW.quad profile)
  • Epson Watercolor Radiant White 190 gsm
  • Epson Archival Matte 192 gsm (with K7-2880-EpEnhancedMatte.quad profile)
  • Epson Enhanced Matte 192 gsm (with K7-2880-EpEnhancedMatte.quad profile)
  • Epson Velvet Fine Art 260 gsm
  • Hahnemuhele Torchon 285 gsm
  • Hahnemuhele Photo Rag 308 gsm (with K7-2880-HanPhotoRag.quad profile)
  • MOAB Entrada Rag Bright 300 gsm (with K7-2880-MoabEntradaFABW.quad profile)
  • MOAB Somerset Museum Rag 300 gsm
  • MOAB Rag Natural 300 gsm (with K7-2880-MoabEntradaFANat.quad profile)

Where can I find the profiles for the matte papers not included among the standard QTR install K7-2880-xxx profiles?

Moreover, I would like to test Piezography inks on this baryta/semigloss papers:

• Canson Baryta Photographique 310 gsm
  • Ilford Gold Fibre Silk 310 gsm
  • Epson Exhibition Fiber 325 gsm

I’ve downloaded the K3 printers-GLOSS.zip file from your website.
May I use the 2880-CAR-CANbaryta.quad profiles even with the K7 Warm Neutral inks?
Where can I find the right profiles for the Ilford and the Epson glossy papers?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english.

The profiles (curves) for the matte papers that you are using as well as the profiles for many other available papers, do not exist. If you want to use papers like these - you can try to use a curve that was made for a similar coating/base. For the Hahnemuhle Torchon - try the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag. For the MOAB Somerset Museum Rag, this was is not like the Entrada papers. This paper was once made by Legion and now they brand it as MOAB but the coating may also be different than it was when it was Somerset. It was said at one time that Somerset made Epson Velvet Fine Art but it is not known if the coating was different. We have never profiled the Somerset papers and there were many of them. Again, try the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag curve. If you find it has cross overs that are not smooth enough - then you can try other curves - looking for one that is close enough to satisfy you. If you can not find one - then you need to have customs made for you.

Custom Piezography Curves click here

You can not print baryta papers with Piezography unless you have the Photo Black Shade 1 and the Piezography GO optional inks. Do you have those installed?

Your English is very good! :slight_smile:

Hi, Jon, thank you for your answer.
Yes, I’ve the PK (not yet installed) and the GO (installed) for my R2880.

Yes you can use the Carbon K7 curve for the Neutral K7 inks.

If this is your first time printing glossy - make sure you read how to.
The image is printed with the inks curve.
Then the print is forced dry with electric hair dryer.
Then a pure white small square image is printed on the same size page setup with the GO curve to overprint the entire sheet.

Ok, thank you again Jon.

I’ve made some test prints with Canson Baryta Photographique. The results are really amazing.
I lay prints out overnight to air dry before printing the first layer of 30,000 GO.

I hope to achieve the same results with Ilford Gold Fibre Silk and Epson Exhibition Fiber.
Your technical support is great; the inks are fantastic and QTR works perfectly.

Hi frieri~

We are happy to hear your success and happiness with your first tests on Canson Baryta Photographique paper, and expect over time of using your Piezography system, you will fine tune and perfect your workflow to get beautiful results on many papers.

Please let us know if you have further questions or there’s anything else we can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: