Solved: R1800 Error Lights After Cleaning w/Piezo Flush

Hi!

I’m not sure if this is an appropriate query for this forum.

I had a bad plug in one of the nozzles which wouldn’t clear until I left a full piezo flush syringe attached over night.

THAT cleared it for sure but even though I put a goodly amt of bounty towel under the cart carrier, there was some mess.

Did this damage the electronics maybe? I did clean the capping station as per your video.

The error message was two blinking red lights on the trash button and the ink refill button. I took out all carts hoping that letting the printer sit for a few days, maybe it would dry out… no idea.

I am glad I have a second R1800 so I could continue using my K7’s to print. Thoughts? thanks.

Yikes~ this is not a cleaning procedure that we recommend, and could certainly cause problems/damage! At this point, I suggest you move the cartridge carriage/print head over to the far right side and turn the printer off, then turn it back on after a few minutes. If all’s working right, it should only have the red ink light on (and power light). If this is what you get, push the ink change button and install the set of carts, close the cartridge carriage cover and push the ink change button again- the printer should preform an auto cleaning cycle then turn off al lights except the solid green power light, and print head returned to the far right side of the printer.

Best of luck, keep me posted~ Dana :slight_smile:

I had read on a forum (digital photo review) others having the same error light issue with same model. They were saying that the the capping stations would probably have to replaced/serviced. I checked with Epson to bring it in for an estimate. Anyway, will hook it up again and try as per your instructions above. Then decide new printer or service.

BTW what should be done in case I run into this badly clogged nozzle problem again?

To avoid it, I ordered a new set of ink carts and a 220cc bottle of Piezoflush. To store unused it was suggested I replace ink carts with carts filled with piezoflush for long term storage/periods of not using. Now I just taped the vent holes of the k7 carts with elect. tape to keep evaporation down. Someone from Inkjet Mall suggested this.

Thanks!

We have some written cleaning procedures and a video demonstrating these and several other great cleaning procedures that we recommend, which you can find on this forum in the Articles> Manuals + Instructions section.

What we meant was to fill a set of refillable carts with PiezoFlush and install them into your printer for safe long term storage- not to keep the print head cleaning kit syringe in the print head (the print head cleaning kit is only intended to be used for cleaning, then removed after flushing the head- as per our instructions. Yes, it is best to seal the air vent hole and store cartridges upright in a sealed ziplock bag to prevent evaporation and drying. Long term printer storage and storage of carts out of the printer (as well as lots of other very helpful information) is included in the trouble shooting section at the end of the refill cartridge instructions.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

We have some written cleaning procedures and a video demonstrating these and several other great cleaning procedures that we recommend, which you can find on this forum in the Articles> Manuals + Instructions section.

What we meant was to fill a set of refillable carts with PiezoFlush and install them into your printer for safe long term storage- not to keep the print head cleaning kit syringe in the print head (the print head cleaning kit is only intended to be used for cleaning, then removed after flushing the head- as per our instructions. Yes, it is best to seal the air vent hole and store cartridges upright in a sealed ziplock bag to prevent evaporation and drying. Long term printer storage and storage of carts out of the printer (as well as lots of other very helpful information) is included in the trouble shooting section at the end of the refill cartridge instructions.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,

I only kept the loaded cleaning syringe on that one nozzle over night that would not clear. I received my new cart set to fill with Piezoflush for long term storage.

I am going to try and re-boot the wonky printer this week. Hopefully it will work after this dry out period. This big 20 11x14 K7 Split Tone printing session I am currently doing was successful with my second R1800. Quite pleased.

I am glad you are happily printing with your second R1800, and wish you the best at getting the first one working well again :slight_smile: