Solved: Mistakenly filled LLK cartridge on R3000 printer

I was in a rush yesterday and I made a mistake in filling the ink into the LLK cart. I used the syringe to fill the cart rather than removing it and filling the cart with the tip. As a result, the ink is barely flowing even after several cleaning cycles. I also replaced the cart with a new Epson LLK and repeated nozzle checks shows only a weak pattern. Has air been introduced into the line? If so, I was wondering how I can remedy the problem. All other colors look good with the nozzle check. Prints show extensive banding and bad color. I would appreciate some advice as to how to proceed. Thanks!

Hi Everett~ It is important that the exit chamber be at least 1/2 filled with ink for proper ink flow, which is why the vacuum filling procedure is necessary when filling carts for the first time. If you injected ink into the new LLK cart instead of vacuum filling it, you may be able to correct your mistake by vacuum filling it to get ink in the exit chamber. To do this, the air vent hole must be plugged closed, and simply follow the initial vacuum fill procedure (though there is already ink in the cartridge body).

Please let me know if you have further questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Many thanks Dana, that solved the problem. The prints are looking good! -Everett

Glad to hear! Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: