Solved: Blobs on prints

I have a new problem which would merit a new post, but I can’t seem to retrieve the method for making a new post. Sorry about that. At any rate, here’s the new problem. I am consistently getting magenta blobs on my prints. Also, magenta is puddling up just to the left of the print head parking spot. I have cleaned the pump cap, wiper blade, and behind the print head to no avail. Might this be the result of a defective refillable magenta cart?

To follow up with the response I just posted to your other thread, dampers should be replaced as a set every 1-3 years (you mentioned in the other thread, that only the yellow damper was replaced).
Please remove the M and LM refill carts from your printer and examine them- does ink leak out of the exit valve on it’s own? I see you purchased these refillable carts in Oct 2011, so I assume you have been having success with them until recently experiencing missing colors and magenta blobs- is this correct?
Have you ever replaced the flushing box in this printer (in the other thread, you said the pump cap assembly, wiper blade, print head and Y damper were recently replaced).
Please let me know so I can help, thanks- Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;562]To follow up with the response I just posted to your other thread, dampers should be replaced as a set every 1-3 years (you mentioned in the other thread, that only the yellow damper was replaced).
Please remove the M and LM refill carts from your printer and examine them- does ink leak out of the exit valve on it’s own? I see you purchased these refillable carts in Oct 2011, so I assume you have been having success with them until recently experiencing missing colors and magenta blobs- is this correct?
Have you ever replaced the flushing box in this printer (in the other thread, you said the pump cap assembly, wiper blade, print head and Y damper were recently replaced).
Please let me know so I can help, thanks- Dana :)[/QUOTE]
I haven’t replaced the flushing box. The Epson Tech removed the spongey material in it the last time he was here. He said that it had deteriorated and, doesn’t provide much function, and wasn’t worth replacing. I did look at the M and LM carts, and I saw no evidence of ink leaking out of the holes in their backs. Is that what you mean by the exit valve?

The “exit valve” is the hole in the cartridge where ink exits and enters the printer.
I have heard of (and experienced a few myself) many ink splattering, dripping, non-printing issues related to the flushing box assembly, so recommend you replace that (the box and new tube costs about $100, and is reference part# 700).