Solved: 2 carts not recognized. 3880 printer

Hi,
I just purchased inks, carts, and chips from you guys for my Epson 3880. Followed all procedures exactly yet I still have 2 carts that wont be recognized. They are the LK and LLK carts. I have done the printer reseting procedure at least 7 times. I have also switched the chips for chips off of the Epson carts i pulled out that were working before the exchange and the carts still arent recognized. I then install new Epson carts and they are recognized immediately. I would appreciate a bit of help with this. Thanks

Bruce Ellingwood

Hi Bruce~

What is the exact error your printer is displaying on the LCD panel for the LK and LLK position refill carts?

Please check those two chips. The plastic base of every 3880 reset chip should have three small plastic tabs around the side that hold it onto the cartridge. If any of these tabs are broken or bent inward, the chip will not stay secured to the cartridge, therefore not have a good connection with the Epson chip underneath, which will cause an error. Also, on the back of every reset chip, there should be three metal pins that stick out and touch the Epson chip- the three pins should be equal length for proper contact with the Epson chip. Please check the plastic base to make sure there are three plastic tabs, and if they are all in place, gently bend them outward slightly to ensure they catch and hold onto the cartridge. Also check to make sure the three metal pins are present and equal length. On the front of the chips, please check the gold contacts to make sure nothing is on the contacts that would interfere with the printer’s ability to read it- if you see anything on the gold contacts, gently clean them with either an alcohol pad or pencil eraser.* After checking all these things, push the reset chips back onto their corresponding cartridges and make sure they are pushed all the way onto the cart for a good connection with the Epson chip, then reinsert the cartridges into your printer and see how the printer responds. Please install the LK first to see how your printer responds, then the LLK (instead of both at the same time).

Let me know how things go or if you have any questions~ Dana :slight_smile:

ok, the message is please install correct ink cartridge.

the three tabs on either are good

cleaned all contacts and the three pins look good

same end result. the two give the error message

Thanks for checking the chips and letting me know the error your printer is giving. I will send you a replacement LK and LLK reset chip in today’s mail.
Please tell me, did your cartridges come packaged in individual brown boxes or clear plastic bags (this will help me determine which shipment they came from)?

boxes. dated dec 2012. and thank you

Ok, thanks for that information. I have tested some chips I had here in our printer, and will send your replacements right away.