Soft proof profiles?

Dana,
You made reference to soft proof profiles in the closed “dark prints” thread.

Are soft proof profiles available when your custom profiling service is availed of?

Regards
Phil

Hi Phil~

We have a handful of pre-made Piezography soft proof profiles, which some find to be very helpful when viewing and editing images. We don’t have a full library of soft proof profiles for every paper we provide printing curves for, but have quite a few for our five Piezography ink tones with a range of papers. Soft proof profiles are not currently available online, so I can email some for you to check out and use. I see you ordered a set of Carbon pre-filled carts to try last year, would you like just the Carbon soft proof profiles, or others to check out as well?

Please let me know if you have further questions or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana,
Thanks I tried the Carbon-based inks to dabble, but I want to get more serious about Piezography shortly.
My colour-printing has definitely benefited from custom profiles, these have been cost-effective as the value paper I often use prints great.
OK, so soft-profiles with that is not a runner,
But you’re other suggestion may answer my other requirement.
As yet I haven’t decided which ink set to proceed with. the other question is which printer. I have an r2400 available, but I am also toying with dedicating a 3880 to Piezography.
So add the MPS ink set into the decision mix.

I hadn’t considered this but soft profiles would really help me decide.

So I would very much appreciate a variety of soft-profiles that I could visually apply to my own photos.
I don’t what file size these profiles are, I can handle 10Mb/email, but any number of emails is no problem.
I would really like a selection of the soft profiles that will help visualise how the various ink sets will suit my own eye and photographic style.
Thank-you very much for the kind offer.
Regards
Phil

Hi Phil~

Thanks for the additional information.
Both the R2400 and 3880 are great machines, and can use the same Piezography QTR curves. The biggest difference between these two printers is the 3880 has internal ink lines and dampers, so the R2400 is best for experimenting/switching inks to determine which you like best, as it’s not as easy (and uses more ink) to change inks in a pro model printer, such as the 3880.

Soft proof profiles are very small files, so I can email them to you to try and use in your Piezography printing and image editing workflow.

Please let me know if you have questions or there’s anything further I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks Dana,
Please send me a spread for the various ink sets: Neutral/ Warm Neutral/Carbon/Selenium & Special as they would show on a neutral-ish paper.
Or any other that you may think will benefit me, do you have my email address on record or shall respond via another email (it hasn’t changed since my last order).
For the time being I think these profiles will answer many questions.
Thanks again
Phil

I have your email address and will send you a bunch of soft proof profiles now!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Thanks, I got them.
Very worthwhile.
-Phil

Excellent, you were very welcome! :slight_smile:

You can now find Piezography soft proof profiles here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?145-Piezography-Soft-Proof-profiles

Hi Dana / Jon,

I have the P2 soft proof profiles installed and they work quite well :). I am wondering if you have any K7 soft proof profiles?

thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael~

The P2 soft proof profiles will give you a good print preview of the different Piezography ink tones on different papers, and the output with K7 will look very much like P2, so you can use the same soft proof profiles for both K7 and P2 ink setups.