Several Issues - Help Please!

I have an Epson R2880, and I got the Cone inks for it late last year. I didn’t really start using them until just a couple of months ago after the OEM ink ran out.

Issue 1

Frequent clogged nozzles. I cannot go more than 7 days without a clog. And now the issue seems to be getting worse. Despite printing every 4 or 5 days, I still get clogged nozzles.

Issue 2

The cyan tank drains by itself. I fill it up. It’s drained the next day (after NOT printing anything).

Issue 3

Clogging gets worse. I run the test pattern, which shows a problem. I do a cleaning cycle. Then I run a second test pattern and it’s worse. 3 or 4 cleaning cycles later, I finally get a good test pattern.

Issue 4

Chip resetter does not work. I get a green light, but after the cartridge goes back into the printer, it does not show up as full. This has happened on 4 re-sets now. None have worked.

I have done the maintenance on this thing as suggested on your site - ie the paper towel cleaning. I’ve cleaned the heads. I’ve cleaned the capping station.

But I still have these issues.

Hi tjavery~

I’m sorry to hear of the troubles you’re experiencing with your R2880 ConeColor setup. Unfortunately we don’t have individual cartridges, so we will send you a full set of replacement carts, as it sounds like your cyan cartridge isn’t working correctly.

What positions are you experiencing clogs in?
Are the missing nozzles frequently in the same positions?
What are the temperature ad humidity levels in your printing environment?
Have you cleaned the wiper blade?

Please let me know so I can help you resolve these issues and get back to happily printing.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;3914]Hi tjavery~

I’m sorry to hear of the troubles you’re experiencing with your R2880 ConeColor setup. Unfortunately we don’t have individual cartridges, so we will send you a full set of replacement carts, as it sounds like your cyan cartridge isn’t working correctly.
[/QUOTE]

That would be GREAT. Thank you.

I’m getting frequent clogs in cyan, magenta, light magenta, photo black, and yellow. The other colors haven’t clogged.

Our house is in the 65 - 78°F range, depending on what the outside weather is like. We’ve had a lot of cold fronts over the last few months, so we’ve gone back and forth with cold and hot weather.

Humidity is fairly high. I live in Houston, and it’s probably 30-50% inside the house. It can range 50 - 90% outside.

The printer is on my desk in a location that mostly dark all day (ie no direct sunlight).

I’m not sure. I cleaned the capping station fairly well with Q-tips and distilled water. There was a device next to it that I thought might be the wiper blade and I cleaned it, but from reading up on it, I think the blade needs to be popped up and rotated so that it’s exposed. I’m not sure how to do that on the R2880. I found a video online that showed the process for a different Epson printer, but my printer seemed to be a lot different from what was shown, and I’m hesitant to go poking around inside my printer to try to figure it out.

Do you have any video or photos that show the process for the R2880?

What about the cartridge resetter? Should I try something different?

When I press a cartridge into the resetter device, the light is briefly red and then quickly turns green. This happens right as it makes contact with the pins.

Should I try pressing harder or longer? Should I try multiple times before putting the cartridge back into the printer?

I tracked the replacement carts, and see they were delivered yesterday.

We have manual cleaning procedures, as well as a video demonstrating these procedures on a desktop printer model, here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?133-Printer-Cleaning-and-Preventative-Maintenance

In regards to the chip resetter, please try resetting it by following the instructions below, then let me know how it works after.
Instructions for using the desktop resetter can be found here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?137-The-2013-version-of-the-small-format-cartridge-chip-resetter

Reset a Chip Resetter:
Occasionally, chip resetters need to be reset just like any computer does. To reset your resetter, please open it by unscrewing the two screws then inside you will find a board with three round batteries attached (batteries are on the same side of the board as pins that touch the chip contacts). Gently pry up one tab holding each battery down and slide the three batteries out of place. Wait 30 seconds then slide them securely back into place (it doesn’t matter which battery goes into which spot, they’re all the same) and put the resetter back together. Test the resetter on a different cartridge chip (sometimes a faulty chip can short out the resetter, so testing on a different cart chip rules out the chip).

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! Yes, I received them okay.

I had a busy weekend and no time to mess with the printer. But I’ll work on it soon.

Thanks for your help!

You are very welcome, please keep me posted!

Did the replacement refillable carts solve you problems? If not, we are experiencing multiple complaints in regards to these problems, please see this thread for details and solutions to resolve your concerns http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/showthread.php?1246-COMMON-THREAD-Older-2880-Printer-Cartridge-issues