SET INK CRTG message

Getting a “SET INK CRTG message” on two of my refill ink cartridges that I can’t seem to shake off. Colors are Yellow and Magenta and working on a EPSON 4800. Happened once or twice before but a simple cartridge reseating made message go away. All has been working fine since the initial install and have yet to do a cartridge refill or chip reset. Anyone have anyone have an idea what might be going wrong.

The “SET INK CRTG” message means the printer can’t correctly or fully read one or more cartridge chips. This can happen when the cartridge chip and printer’s chip sensor don’t have a good connection, or can also indicate a dead chip. If the error doesn’t go away after resetting the cartridge chips, reinstalling the carts into the printer or turning off the printer then back on, then I suspect the chips have somehow gone bad and need to be replaced. Chips are sensitive to static, and can be easily shorted out by an electric shock, but are very quick and easy to replace. We recommend everyone have a set of replacement chips on hand to be able to quickly replace a chip if needed and resume printing immediately, without having to wait for a new chip to arrive in the mail. If you have old Epson 4800 carts, you can also use chips from the Epson carts on the corresponding color position refill cart, by using double sided tape to secure the new chip to the cart.

Chip replacement instructions are included in the latest version of the refill cartridge instructions, and also found here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?139-How-to-replace-chips-on-LF-carts
Replacement chips for all printer models can be found here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.18/category.22055/.f

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have questions or there’s anything further I can help you with.
Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks Dana. I’ll order a set and replace them.

Ok, sounds good. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.
All the best~ Dana :slight_smile:

I am currently having a CRTG message with #6,7, and 8 ink slots on my Epson 4000 printer. The message pops up intermittently on slot 8 and constant on other 6 and 7. I have reset the chips successfully but the printer continues to give the message. Will replacing the cart chips correct the problem??

I have inserted a very old set of flush carts that have the open vent whole on the back and it works great. I’m using the newer ink carts for K7 inks.