Scanning

Windows 7 professioanl and IE 11 works fine too for uploading. However, screenshots using PrtScrn or ctl-prnscrn keys on your computer is very difficult. Microsoft seems to block pasting of the image in some programs.

Larry

I just encountered what seems to be a quirky bug in Scanvue. I’m assuming that I have some quirky workflow that was not anticipated by Mr. Hamrick.

If you save your raw tiffs into a folder with automatic incrementation (raw0001+.tif), then you save a different batch of scans into a different folder using the raw0001+.tif, the new batch will, of course, start with the filename raw0001.tif.

(That could cause issues having the same filename in a different folder, but that’s not my point here.)

Now, if you return to your first batch because you have more to scan, so you use the raw0001+.tif format again, assuming that it will continue to add to your files. For me, it overwrote my raw0001.tif! There was no warning given, it just overwrote the file.

I’m sure that it’s my quirky unrefined scanning workflow here. I’ll have to fix what I’m doing, but I lost a huge scan because of this. (Probably overkill, but it’s a hundred year old print, I used the highest dpi, and used 10 passes on the 8x10 print. That one took all morning. One morning I’ll never get back! (My coffee was good though).

Larry