Hi, I have let my 3880 sit too long - reason: I ran out of ink and couldn’t afford to buy a new set. I’d like some advice on the Cone products I will need to get me back up and running.
My current setup:
- It has got to be 8 years old now. Same ink when I bought it.
- It has now sat 3 years without use. OUCH
- My LK tank is empty. I get the warning it is empty and can’t print a thing
- 2/3rds of my other tanks are critically low but not yet empty.
- I have a Mac Pro, but migrating to Linux. Maybe I’m insane, but Apple are annoying me with their lack of ability to make PCs for enthusiasts. I hope I can use the open source drivers for the 3380 (gutenprint)
- I would like to convert to cone color pro, and I am looking at the 110ml set to get started: Pro 3880 - ConeColor Pro HD archival color ink system, 110ml | InkjetMall
I assume I will need to start with a Piezoflush kit. Which one do I need? Do I just get a bottle, or is there a kit that you would recommend I buy? Do I need a separate set of tanks for this? Please advise, I am quite confused about what to purchase. Any tips other than what is in the videos online?
I assume I need to buy a new OEM Epson LK tank first (or an expired one from ebay) because mine is empty (and I need to transfer the chips from my current tanks to the new carts that I buy from you)?
Then I just follow the instructions for the new ink and tanks?