I know that you recommend new cartridges with a new ink, but the budget is tight and I already have 2 sets of cartridges. One is full of flushing fluid. I am trying to re-use a set that had pigmengted ink in it.
Here is what I did so far:
- emptied the ink
- rinsed several times in water
- filled with water and put into a ultrasonic tank to get the ink from the final feed
- forced water into the feed tube to flush
Here is where I may have gone wrong)
- I added a little flushing fluid to each cartridge and swished it around and purged it to get rid of the water.
- emptied the cartridges and gently blew air into the air vent and feed tube to get rid of the flush fluid. (Ok not so gently at first, so I will be ordering at least one cartridge or reusing the one from flushing for now.
- let the air dry
The concern I have is that there is a pink tinge to the cartridges where there is flushing fluid drying.
is it possible to save them?
I was thinking of adding a little of the thrift ink and swishing it around (and dissolve the flushing fluid), then purge the air and then dump it out and refill it with new fluid.
Any comments would be appreciated.