"Resetting Please Wait" (Epson 7890)

I have this error after every print. The 7890 never actually resets. I must power the unit off and actually pull the plug. Then start up and I am good to go for one more print. It is a royal pain in the butt. I have tried the reset in the menu but that resets the settings, not this particular ‘reset.’

Ideas are most welcome.

Daniel

If you are on ethernet, this could be the problem. Switch to USB.

best,
Walker

Thanks. Tried both. This problem did begin when I was messing with my ethernet connections. If I dug myself into a hole can you recommend a way out?

Get a new USB, delete the older printer, unplug the ethernet, reinstall epson driver, add printer again.

best,
Walker

Ha. I did this step by step but … the catalina driver for the epson 7890 has ‘disappeared’ from the epson website. Weird and unfortunate.

that means epson really messed up and they are re-writing the driver. If you have an older computer it’s worth it to run from that one.

IMO, never update to the newest OS if you are dependent on other third-party software/hardware even if it is made by big vendors like Epson.

best,
Walker

Kicking myself. I’ve learned my lesson from this experience. I do have another computer and will run from that one. Thanks for you assistance. Daniel