Resetting main tank on epson 3800

Hi

I have an Epson 3800 with an old MPS Piezography set up ( old style tanks, door close wedge, etc) Does anyone have the steps and sequence to reset the maintenance tank without using the chip resetter. Recently moved and the install / operating instructions have been lost.

Thanks!

Bob

You’ll need the chip resetter for the maint tank. It’s an oem part.

-Walker

Thx Walker

I know the chip resetter is the preferred current way to reset the maintenance tank. However, initially and before the resetter was available ( i guess ) there was a procedure to reset by turning the printer off and on and ejecting cartridges. Not the most convenient , fast or easy way but it worked ( most of the time ) and did not require buying a chip resetter

I happen to still have a set of those carts (replaced long ago with the newer version) and the instructions. I think I found what you are looking for.

Procedure for Resetting the Ink Carts and Maintenance Tank

Note: This procedure will only reset waste tank when printer shows solid red light and says waste tank is full. This is to avoid over-resetting the waste tank, which would make it overflow.

1. Keep printer power ON. (The LCD panel should show maintenance tank full or cartridges empty.)
  2. Remove Switch Key from the printer.
  3. Release all cartridges from 1 to 9 (left to right) so the cartridge chips and chip sensors in the printer do not connect.
  4. Open the maintenance tank door and pull out the maintenance tank.
  5. Reinsert the maintenance tank and close the maintenance tank door.
  6. Reinsert the Switch Key.
  7. Wait until printer monitor shows: “Insert the Maintenance Cartridge”
  8. Remove the Switch Key and pull out the maintenance tank again.
  9. Reinsert the maintenance tank and close the door.
  10. Reinsert the ink cartridges from 1 to 9 (left to right).
  11. Reinsert the Switch Key.

Hope this does it for you. I really gotta clean out the parts closet!

~ Keith

1 Like