Replaced dampers on Epson 9800 - now leaking

Jon,

Thanks. I have been afraid that I might have created a problem that is too much to fix, but I will give it the one last gallant effort, at the least.

So from your message I understand it is perhaps better to look for another 9800 printer than to buy a new print head, unless after stopping the leak and removing all the moisture things come back to normal. Everything was going so well until I replaced the dampers!

Thanks for all your help,
Abby

Jon,

Thanks for your reply. I have had the feeling that I may have created a problem that is too big for me to fix… it was all going so well until I replaced the dampers :frowning:
But I will give it one last gallant effort, at least, buy stopping the leak and drying everything out one more time.

From what you are saying, I should probably start looking for another 9800, instead of continuing to buy parts for this one. It’s too bad, but still worth it.

Thanks again, I’ll let you know how it turns out. Please let me know if you have any more thoughts.
Abby

Hi,

I’ve been occupied by other things for the past few days but am going to take Jon’s advice and make one last effort to stop the leak, replace the cable again, and try the printer one more time. In order to dry out the printer, is it recommended to leave the print head unattached for a little while to dry it out, or is this bad for the print head? I was planning to take everything apart to dry it carefully, replace the damper i suspect of leaking, and leave things to dry out for a little while before starting up the printer again. Please let me know,

Thanks, and happy holidays!
Abby

Abby,
i would not let the head dry out. I was referring to the contact points where the ribbons connect. Your ribbon cable got wet and the pics show that these contacts were wet too.

Hi,

I hope you had a great holiday over there! With some help, I have a new print head in the 9800 and am ready to install the Meth 1 inks. I just want to confirm that I know which inks go in which cartridges, since the instruction sheet references the K7 inks. Can you please send me a quick list of which inks go in which cartridge? Thanks so much,

Abby

Hi Abby~

I’m glad to hear your printer is up and running again, and hope you had a great holiday as well :slight_smile:

Piezography ink shade placement charts can be found here: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/content.php?171-Piezography-K7-P2-and-Digital-Negative-Curves-and-Ink-Placement-Charts
To setup your 9800 with Meth 1, you will want to follow the top chart, under the first column titled PZDN-Meth1.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

Hi Dana,

Another question! Before the holidays I ordered new cartridges for the inks. I didn’t open them all up until today… the Magenta cartridge (1st photo below) is different than all the others (2nd photo below). I’m not sure if there was a mistake with the order, or you guys are switching over to another cartridge type…

It is marked for use with the 9800… can I go ahead and use it with all the others, or do I need to empty out the M cartridge from my set full of piezoflush and use that one instead? Thanks for your help,
Abby

Please don’t use the different style magenta cart (we received some of this style in error), and I will have a replacement sent to you right away.

Best~ Dana

Thanks so much Dana,
Abby

Can you please let me know when the replacement cart is shipped, and when we can expect it?
Thanks,
Abby

I’ll get your replacement cart out in today’s mail via Priority Mail, so you should receive in about two days.

~Dana :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Dana,

I got the cartridge, thanks again for your continued help!

Best wishes,
Abby