Refilled light Cyan Before it said empty

I thought that the light cyan (new refillable w/o bat) was empty as I was not seeing any light cyan on a nozzle check, but there actually was some ink in it. I also used the vacuum method to refill it. Am doing more nozzle cleaning now and do not see any LC coming through. If the nozzles are cleared, Will it finish all of the ink in the cart?

Lonny

Update, Sat July 9, 2016. Did 6 Head cleaning and LC and PK not showing any lines, PK was showing lines but not now. (LC was filled as stated above, shows full now after numerous head cleanings, but no nozzle ck marks at all. Very few PK marks in nozzle ck. PK in bat cart and almost empty so refilled it and it now shows full). Lonny

Current status. All of the ink carts are showing adequate ink levels. The Nozzle check is perfect except that there are no showings in LC or PK. Lonny

Has the LC level gone down any? This indicates that ink is getting out of the nozzles during cleaning/vacuum but not during printing . . .

If the ink hasn’t gone down, than the cartridge is plugged and not letting ink out or the nozzles are entirel plugged which would be rare.

-Walker

What do you mean by LC level?

I am not noticing a reduction in ink levels? I ordered new LC and PK carts?

I ran 4 more head cleanings, and the ink level is definitely declining. I am seeing a few marks in LC and PK, but head cleaning is not solving the problem. What do I do now?

I printed several ink test patters from Epson and now I don’t have yellow as well as the missing LC and PK

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11556]Has the LC level gone down any? This indicates that ink is getting out of the nozzles during cleaning/vacuum but not during printing . . .

If the ink hasn’t gone down, than the cartridge is plugged and not letting ink out or the nozzles are entirel plugged which would be rare.

-Walker[/QUOTE]
Please see my further remarks in my thread. Ink levels are going down. Now also lost yellow in printscreen

Assuming that you have taken the vent plugs off the cartridges before putting them into the printer,

I think you have something in your nozzles that is preventing them from firing or you have some back-pressure in your cartridges. You need to get the PiezoFlush small format kit and run this through the head and let is sit for a while.

best,
Walker

Walker,
It is on order. Is it advisable to have a set of refillable carts each of which is filled with the leaning fluid for times like this? If so what would be the cost of a full set filled complete with a storage tray? And, if so a link to order it. Thanks, Lonny

It’s always advisable to have a set of backup carts and a bottle of PiezoFlush at the ready.

When you go away for extended amounts of time, set the printer in piezoflush so you don’t damage the head w/ dried ink.

best,
Walker

I have ordered the small-format-flush-kit. Should I have an entire set of refillable carts filled with cleaning solution? If so, how much would this cost including a tray to store the carts in?

Walker, I left paper towel under the head overnight and today got a lot of black off the heads onto the towel. I then flushed each of the nozzles which did not have good print screens and started getting some color where I had none before in the printscreens. I ran 3 head cleans and the yellow and LC went away and those colors, and others, went away. I have ordered the full set of Carts for Piezoflush solution. What do you recommend that I do next, wait for the carts to arrive, or individual flushes with the flush kit or something else?
Lonny

Flush with the carts when they arrive.

Remember to open the vent plugs before inserting the carts into the printer! Or else there will be no air to enter the cartridge to take the space of the printing ink and you will get dropped channels.

-Walker

I will do that, and Yes I had vent plugs all open on the above tests. BTW, I have also installed a waste ink bottle.
-Lonny

Walker, I received the complete set of carts and filled them with your cleaning fluid and ran multiple cleaning cycles and ran nozzel checks with the cleaning carts still in. ports were all but one showing nozzles except one, and i later discovered that one had been out of ink for some time. Put the ink back in and ran several cleaning cycles. Showing some color on each port. Do I need more cleaning cycles to get good nozzle.e checks?

It’s important to let the Piezoflush sit overnight if not for 48hrs even to let it do its magic.

-Walker