Re Priming 3880

I primed one of my 3880 cartridges and found the exit channel about half full. It is recommended that it be a least half full, so I figured I would re prime the cartridge.
So I drew more ink out of the cartridge via the exit valve. No visible change, still about half full.
Is there a special procedure I must go through to re prime correctly?

Also, what happens if the exit channel is not quite half and I install and print with your replacement cartridge?

Hi northbeach~

If the exit chamber is about 1/2 full, you should be fine and have great results.

If the cartridge isn’t primed, or there’s only a tiny amount of ink in the exit chamber, then the printer would draw air into the ink line before ink strats flowing, and when the air reaches the damper and print head, can temporarily interrupt the ink flow of that channel.

Please let me know if you have further questions, or there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response.
I have one more question. What happens if a cartridge runs dry?
I have been removing the cartridges visually checking ink levels from the side and wish to be less cautious.

If a cartridge runs dry, air will enter the ink line, and interrupt ink flow of that channel when the air reaches the damper + print head. You will have to do several cleaning cycles to purge the air to get proper ink flow again.
It’s best to keep an eye on your ink levels and not let carts run dry, and avoid air in the lines.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply.
I am very happy with your inks.
By saving on cost of printing your product helps support an important cause.

Excellent- glad to hear :slight_smile: