R3000 utility Software

Here you go:

You need to register to read it. The reply of interest is #13: (quoted from Brian)
“On the subject of Cone inks, I personally have been pleased with them. My 7900’s two clogged nozzles are in the two colors that I still had Epson inks in them. More tellingly, my 7900 has been disabled for the better part of three years now, and it has accordingly been idle. None of the Cone channels have clogged in nearly three years of complete inactivity. It’s a sample of one, not intentionally done as an experiment, and certainly not scientific - but it’s significant to me. Note that I cannot tell if the two Epson channels have gotten any worse - they were nearly fully blocked to begin with. They certainly have not gotten materially better, but then we wouldn’t expect that either.”

Thanks again, Larry. Too bad that he didn’t specify whether the clogs were in the nozzles or the dampers. But, if the printer had been “disabled” for 3 years, I tend to suspect the dampers. More telling though, is the fact that none of the Cone channels showed problems, after the 3 years. The damper-clogging issues in the R3000 seem to show-up after just 18 to 24 months, regardless of how much use the printer gets.

I see the last post on this was in 2014. Is this link still the most uptodate?

Also can someone from tech support tell me if would it benefit my R3000 to do an initial flush (ie, maintain it longer) if I have no problems that I can tell anyway. In other words, everything seems to be working correctly.

Thanks,
Kathy

If it works, keep it the way it is frankly. Keep your work space humid. Keep a few backup cartridges at the ready. You will be A’OK.

best,
Walker

And yes, this is the the one you want: http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1359