Some background and history of my Epson R3000
- Printer is about 4 years old, I am the second owner for about 2 years now
- Started using ConeColor inks about a year ago
- About 300 various size prints made to date
- Regular cleaning of caping station, wiper and head using paper towel method (also shown here)
- About year ago developed a single missing nozzle in light cyan, didn’t show much on prints so I disregarded
- Couple days ago loaded fresh carts with PiezoFlush to clean out the system, used ink charge method and left it for 24 hours
- Nozzle check came out good but black channel was still printing black not light magenta (PiezoFlush) so I ran about 8 cleaning cycles after
Decided to clean under the print head and saw what looks like ink above the print head (on the print head mounting plate) see attachment. Performed nozzle check and looks good.
Looks like overflow to me but no idea why this would happen.
What should my next step be?
Is it safe to take apart the top portion of the print head to clean out overflown ink?
What could be the underlying problem to this?
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.