R3000 getting "Ink Cartridges cannot be recognized" for newly inserted LLK cartridge

Hi,
I just received a set of refillable cartridges plus a set of cone color inks for my R3000. I followed the written and video directions to fill 3 cartridges: VLM, LLK and LK, using the vacuum fill method. I removed the vent plugs and installed into the printer. I then power off/on. At this point I see no errors and the refilled cartridges show full. I now run a nozzle cleaning without issue, then attempt nozzle check. At this point I get “cannot recognize the following cartridge(s). try installing them again”. LLK has a black/red X over it, but VLM and LK both appear OK. At this point I removed/reinserted the LLK cartridge without luck. I then tried remove/reset/reinsert, again no luck. so then I took the battery out of one of the other unused (but new) refillable cartridges and put it into the LLK cartridge, reset/replaced still no luck. Remove LLK and replace with original Epson cartridge, cartridge shows low ink, but the nozzle check runs fine…

any help is appreciated,

Bart

Hi Bart~

Thanks for providing such clear details about your situation, and I am sorry to hear it sounds like the chip on your LLK cartridge isn’t working as it should.

We will send you a replacement R3000 LLK chip right away, which you can easily attach to your LLK cartridge in place of the current chip.

Please let me know if you have questions, your results with the new chip, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Dana,
thanks very much! I will let you know how it goes once I get the new chip.

Bart

You are very welcome, please do keep me posted!

~Dana :slight_smile:

Hi Dana,
the replacement chip arrived on Friday (my original email was 9:13 PM on Wednesday… that’s pretty good turnaround, thanks) and worked perfectly. it took me about 2 minutes to install the new chip using the online directions… all set now, thanks!
Bart

Excellent, thanks for letting me know- I’m happy to hear the new chip did the trick!

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: