Had a problem with what I thought was a battery. So I got new batteries … did not solve the problem. So I ordered new chip. Finally came and I installed it. So far so good. The the printer tells me it cannot recognize the new cartridge, and to boot, the one next to it neither. So i did the following:
- I took all the cartridges out
- Inserted MK cartridge ….
- Showed the cartridge and all the others missing (cause the are not inserted)
- Left cartridge in, and inserted the next one, PK
- Showed MK and PK, all the others missing
- Left cartridges in, and inserted the next one LK
- Showed MK PK LK, all the others missing
- Continued the same thing until all the cartridges were in, every time it only would show the one missing one as such
- Inserted the Last cartridge
- NOW IT SHOWED all cartridges, except the MK and PK, they showed us as missing
- So I tried it differently … took the VLM out only … showed all cartridges in other than the VLM … [B]showed ALL cartridges, even PK and M[/B]k
- So I re-inserted the VLM … guess what … showed all cartridges [B]but the last two, PK and MK[/B]
- So I took the LC out … again it showed all cartridges but the LC
- Put it back in and now the PK and MK did not show ….
- Did this in every conceivable combination, the result was always the same: when one cartridge was removed, it did show all other, safe the one that was missing.
- As soon as the missing one was reinstalled, the two blacks went dead …
What is wrong??? Why would it read the PK and MK when other one other cartridge is missing, but not show them when all cartridges are installed???
Hope you can shed some light on this