R3000 Cyan Leaking and missing ink from bottles

Hi My Cyan cart was leaking after I removed it from the printer,
I had removed it due to air locks , The airlocks were generated as this was a new printer which needed priming and I guess I had not waited long enough for the ink to settle?
I removed the cart and the cyan drained some of the ink on the printer ( the other carts did not do this).

To make matters worse I was fiddling around with the Cyan trying fix the issue and ended up partially refilling with light cyan :frowning: lol

I removed the light Cyan and wasted about 20mm which I flushed down the sink.

So now I have lost 50ml of Cyan and have a leaky cartridge.
Can you help :slight_smile:

Hi ipaul~

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues with your cyan position refillable cart.

Please tell me the following information:
Where is the cyan cartridge leaking from (a photo or two would be very helpful to see)?
Do you have the full set of refill carts installed, or just this one so far?
Did you remove the plug from the air vent hole before installing the refill cartridge into your printer (after filling with ink)?
Did you vacuum fill the cartridge to fill the exit chamber at least 1/2 with ink for proper flow?

Please let me know so I can help resolve this and get you back to happily printing.
Thanks and best regards~ Dana :slight_smile:

Hi notes entered after your comments.

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing some issues with your cyan position refillable cart.

Please tell me the following information:
Where is the cyan cartridge leaking from (a photo or two would be very helpful to see)? I have cleaned it up now it was front the outlet valve it seems to ave subsided, although nothing was done differently to this cart.
Do you have the full set of refill carts installed, or just this one so far? Full Set of carts installed to new printer.
Did you remove the plug from the air vent hole before installing the refill cartridge into your printer (after filling with ink)? Not at first hence the air locks :slight_smile:
Did you vacuum fill the cartridge to fill the exit chamber at least 1/2 with ink for proper flow? Yes

Please let me know so I can help resolve this and get you back to happily printing.
Thanks and best regards~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Would you like me to check anything else?

Thanks for the additional information.
Without seeing photos or examining the cartridge myself, based on the information you provided, I suspect installing the cartridge into a new printer with the vent hole sealed closed would have caused issues when the printer preformed the initial fill cycle, and created a vacuum instead of drawing ink out due to the vent hole being closed. After the printer applied all this suction to the cartridge while doing the initial fill cycle, it doesn’t surprise me that ink leaked out of the exit port as the vacuum released when you removed the cartridge. Now the cartridge has been refilled with the wrong color ink, it needs to be replaced and care needs to be taken to follow the instructions, and fill the cartridge with the correct ink to avoid this from happening again.

We will send you a complimentary new cyan position cartridge if you pay the shipping expense. Please let me know what speed shipping method you would like us to use.

Best regards~ Dana

the cart seems ok it was filled with light cyan instead of cyan. i flushed it out with 10 mm of cyan so it might be ok now?
would you be able to supply some light cyan as i am now quite low due to leakages, just 45 ml should give me enough for another refill and a half, how much would that be?

i did remove the exit port plug while still attached but i must say having “do not remove” immediately next to the plug adds to its confusion.

From what you explain, it sounds like you were dealing with a few issues caused by not removing the air vent plug and mis-filling the cartridge with wrong ink, but you now say it seems to be working fine, and want more ink to refill it with… I will talk with Jon and Wells about your request and get back to you, I am away on a training for the next few days.

Thanks- Dana :slight_smile:

I have returned from training, and spoke with Jon and Wells regarding your situation and request. We still recommend you use a new cartridge due to the different things that have been done wrong to this cart, and will give you a free replacement cartridge, but you will need to purchase additional ink. Please follow instructions carefully and be mindful when filling/refilling cartridges to avoid future issues.

Thanks and best regards~ Dana :slight_smile: