R3000 cartridge problems continue

Dana,

Perhaps you did not see the continuation of my prior post, please read below and advise - can you shed light as to why add’l cleaning cycles seem to make my problems worse instead of better? Seems the more I ‘clean’ the more ink does not want to flow.

Thanks / Bill

<info from prior post below>

Problems persist. After vac refilling all 9 carts I get the printer operating and make qty 7 13x19 prints which look fine. The machine sits idle for 24 hours and before printing I run a nozzle check - LLK is shows no trace, I perform a head cleaning cycle once and another nozzle check - now LLK, LC & VM are not printing. I try an actual image printout, terrible results.

What now? Wave the magic wand or whatever you folks do and make my system reliable. Please advise some fix other than ‘pull the carts and vac refill all of them’…this is not the answer I want to hear. I love these inks when they print but honestly this is a disappoint experience almost right out of the gates. WHY does cleaning the heads seem to worsen the situation? Please Help!

BTW, attempting to ‘bend back’ the front cover in order to view the ink tubing did not work for me - I suppose I could flex the plastic more but at that point I’d probably be nearing the breaking point of the plastic - I don’t see how one can look in that small space w/flashlight to see much of anything.

Await you reply, thanks /Bill

Hey Bill,

I don’t see any reply to your post here, and I’m not going to address your main issue. Evidently you were trying to look at the ink tubing from the front by bending back the cover. Yikes! There are only 4 small screws to remove to get to the ink tubing. Three of them hold the rear cover on, and the 4th holds the right side panel in place.

The Epson manual shows this nicely; it alone is worth the ~$12 cost. Anyway, first remove the 3 screws that hold the back cover in place, then, after removing the back cover, remove the one screw holding the side panel in place. If you wiggle things properly, using minimal force, you can remove the panels and view the inks lines. That’s the first step in installing an external waste ink bottle.

If you need additional information you can contact me at hflockwoodATverizonDOTcom.

Harry

I will add to this thread, as it looks like it was left unanswered, but actually Bill and I continued working together on his original thread, and his issue was resolved: http://www.inkjetmall.com/tech/showthread.php?129-solved-R3000-nozzles-remaining-partially-blocked&p=582#post582

Thanks for your input Harry, the repair manual is an excellent resource!

All the best~ Dana :slight_smile: