QTR Installation failing for 3800-K7

Hi All,

I’m trying to install the QTR 3800-K7 printer as per the QTR instructions (i.e. running the Install3800-K7.command) and I get the error below. I did some hunting around and there is no Quad3800-K7.ppd file (nor any other K7 ppd file). Is there another download beyond the QTR 2.7.2 that I need for K7 printing?

I’ve tried reinstalling QTR several times with the same results.

Thanks

Rob

Last login: Fri Dec 27 14:38:49 on ttys000
FAW:~ rob$ /Applications/QuadToneRIP/Profiles/3800-3880-K7/Install3800-K7.command ; exit;
DEBUG2: Directory “/Library/Printers/EPSON/CIOSupport/EPSONUSBPrintClass.plugin” permissions OK (040755/uid=0/gid=0).
DEBUG2: Directory “/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/USBGenericPrintingClass.plugin” permissions OK (040755/uid=0/gid=0).
DEBUG: load_classdriver(/System/Library/Printers/Libraries/USBGenericPrintingClass.plugin) (kr:0x00000000)
DEBUG: load_classdriver(/Library/Printers/EPSON/CIOSupport/EPSONUSBPrintClass.plugin) (kr:0x00000000)
Creating printer named: Quad3800-K7
lpadmin: Unable to copy PPD file.

Installing QuadToneRIP Curves Printer Quad3800-K7
Couldn’t open /etc/cups/ppd/Quad3800-K7.ppd for reading: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

Rob,
You do have to first install the Epson driver.
But are you by chance using the new Mavericks OS?
If so - you may need to head to QuadTone RIP for support of their software.
There is a Yahoo group where the author of it posts and there are definite Mavericks issues.
Jon

I’m on OSX 10.8.5 and have been using my 3800 for a few years now without any issue, so I don’t think it’s an Epson driver issue.

I did post on the QTR mailing list and got a response that suggested looking for the correct ppd.gz and unzipping it, but there are no K7 ppds that I can find. I thought perhaps there was some other piezography-related download I was missing.

Thanks

Rob

[QUOTE=jon;2688]Rob,
You do have to first install the Epson driver.
But are you by chance using the new Mavericks OS?
If so - you may need to head to QuadTone RIP for support of their software.
There is a Yahoo group where the author of it posts and there are definite Mavericks issues.
Jon[/QUOTE]

Nothing that we supply!
WE gave the K7 curves to the author and those are part of the QTR download
But the installation is supported by them. Keep trying with them and report the issues you are having - they will help you!

I got this to install and work by downloading the Maverick stuff from QTR, even though I haven’t upgraded my OS.

Rob

Excellent, glad to hear you got it working.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile: