Profiles for Red River papers?

I heard that one time Cone/IJM was going to create ICC profiles for several Red River papers and Cone inks. I’m using standard Cone inks plus HD matte and gloss in a 3880 I’m getting inaccurate and subdued color saturation when printing on RR matte paper (Polar Matte). Are Red River profiles forthcoming or are they available somewhere on the site I haven’t found?
Thanks,
Steve

It was hot on our list and then got pulled in the undertow. I’m sitting here looking at 20 boxes of RR paper to-be-profiled for the newer SC-P printers (not 3880 though, too old of a model).

That said, I’m down for running some freebies for this paper. I want to get it out there in the world and like RR’s vibe.

Print the targets from here (exact size) and send to me: Custom ICC profiling Service | InkjetMall

Hi Walker - I have custom ICC profiles for both matte and luster type RR paper for 3800 and 3880 using HD PK and HD MK ink. Would be happy to share.

1 Like

I’m sure @sglickster would love them!

cheers all,
Walker

@bob_kidd I’d be very grateful if you’d share your profiles. How may I contact you to get a copy of the profiles? I’ll be glad to share my email address if that’s ok. And Walter, thanks for your offer and I’ll print the target on the UP Glossy paper later this week and send the prints to you.
Best,
Steve

Walker–sorry, that’s the second time I’ve written “Walter”, followed by an “oops” moment within the hour. I’ll get it before long :wink: Thanks again, Steve

Steve - send an email to bobkiddphotography.com

Hey Steve.

ICC targets were printed at wrong size.

Here’s a different set that is more flexible in sizing (but please attempt to print at the correct document size as described by Photoshop if you open one of the targets up in there).

1566.zip (95.1 KB)

Walker,
Reading the instructions again I would like to understand the “wrong size” issue. I opened the patches named 30000Patches-DTP70 N.tif (n=1 …5). I opened these with the Adobe Color Print Utility to print w/o any color managment and I used letter-sized paper (8.5" x 11"). Perhaps my one mis-step was that when I saw that printing the standard bordered Letter size, the output at the edges fell off the page (didn’t appear/wasn’t printed). To get the entire image to print, I changed the paper selection to 8.5x11 “Borderless”. That is the setting you have and the only one I messed with that I can think of which would have changed the size.

I’m glad to either reprint those correctly if you can point me in the right direction, or if I’ll get profiles that are just as accurate I’ll print the new images.

My 3880 started printing nice sharp images quite blurry last night–as soon as I resolve that problem I’ll print these targets and send them to you.

Thanks again for your help,
Steve

Borderless will actually increase the size of the image.

//

Go ahead and print the new targets I uploaded. These are smaller and easily fit on a page with standard settings.

best,
Walker

Hi Walker–I just saw a notification that the re-printed targets were delivered today. I hope I got it right this time–please let me know if I blew it again :wink: This time they did appear to fit just fine without doing anything out of the ordinary. Thanks again for your help.
Best,
Steve

I’ll get on it Monday as my work-schedule is M-Thur.

best,
Walker

Got the targets, reading in a bit. Will upload later today.

best,
Walker

CCPRO-3880-RedRiver-Glossy.icc.zip (2.6 MB)
CCPRO-3880-RedRiver-Matte.icc.zip (2.6 MB)

best,
Walker

1 Like