Problem with new Inkjetmall cartridge for 7890

Hi,

I bought a 7890 some months ago. I also purchased from Inkjetmall a complete set of replacement carts, a set of refill inks and also a second set of carts to use for piezoflush when needed.

Now the first Epson supplied initial cart (LK) is out of ink, so I took my brand new Inkjetmall LK cart, filled it with ink, primed it and replaced it in the correct bay in the printer. When I did, I noticed that it was pretty hard to push into the bay. After I got it in, the printer recognized it and was able to print. I had to go out of town for a few days and had my printer printing nozzle checks in my absence, just to keep it printing to avoid developing any blockages.

When I came back, the light on the control panel of the printer was flashing and the message was that no cart was installed in the LK bay. I opened the bay and pushed the new cart in a little and got it to recognize it.

The next morning, not recognized again. This time, I tried to pull the cart out to examine it and a piece of plastic (a side plate on the cart) came off from the friction of the cart in the bay. What’s happening, is that the cart does not latch when pushed into the bay like the Epson carts do. It’s also just a little too snug. Now, it’s also come apart, as I described above. Because it doesn’t latch into position, it pushes back out and then the printer says no cartridge.

I’ve been a good Inkjetmall customer for quite a while and trust your products, so I’m not sure why the fit is so tight and the latch doesn’t catch. I put the original Epson cart back in place of it. It slid right in without undue friction and latched.

Is this unusual? Right now I’ve got a damaged LK cart and it wasn’t working properly or fitting properly before I pulled it out for the last time.

I’m concerned, because I have two sets of brand new cartridges that I haven’t used yet, except for the LK which isn’t working. It cost me a lot of money to buy all that stuff in the first place. Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Your cartridge lock lever is probably bent down. Take the cart out (and the surrounding carts) and look with a flashlight at the bottom rear back of the ink cartridge slot. The little silver locking bar is probably lower than the others. With a long flathead screw-driver, lift it back up. Then your cart should lock in place.

best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11596]Your cartridge lock lever is probably bent down. Take the cart out (and the surrounding carts) and look with a flashlight at the bottom rear back of the ink cartridge slot. The little silver locking bar is probably lower than the others. With a long flathead screw-driver, lift it back up. Then your cart should lock in place.

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Walker, but please read my original message closely. The original Epson cartridge glides in and locks perfectly. The Inkjetmall one is too tight to the point that the cartridge broke a piece of itself off, and it won’t lock before or after it had a structural failure. The Epson one locks perfectly. Would you still think that it sounds like the locking tab on the printer is bent?

I’ll look at the locking lever, but the cartridge is still a very tight fit. Much tighter than the stock ones. Doesn’t feel good when pushing it in.

Thanks again.
David

This is certainly odd for this cartridge design. They generally are not tight-fitting at all. We’ll get you a new on on Monday. (LK 7890 cartridge). None of the label paper of the cartridge is bent or crumpled?

best,
Walker

Thank you, Walker. I do appreciate it. No, none of the paper is crumpled or bent. I can’t see any reason for the tight fit other than it’s a little out of spec. I have 17 other cartridges I haven’t used yet. I hope they don’t have the same problem! Thanks again for sending me a replacement. Yes, it’s the LK for 7890.
David