I a am having a problem with printing a GO coat on my glossy prints. When I print with the GO profile, it starts printing, then after about 2.5 inches it stops and gives a paper eject error on the printer. It’s as if if thinks the print is done. It is extremely consistent and stops at the same point every time…
Here is a rundown of what I am doing.
- I am printing on an Epson 4900 with 17x22 inch Jon Cone Type 5 paper.
- I am using QTR ver. 2.7 on mountain lion and am printing from Lightroom 4.3. I have set both page setup and print settings to the correct page size, orientation, and print driver.
- I have lightroom set to 16 bit output and a print resolution of 360ppi.
- I use the 16 bit GO profile, 1440 dpi, manual sheet feed, and bi-directional in QTR.
- I have a 1x1 in 300ppi solid white image file I use to print the GO.
- I have the printer set to Epson photo luster paper.
The settings above print about 2.5" of GO on the 17" wide sheet, then gives the paper eject error on the printer. It doesn’t show an error on the computer.
The following is what I have tried differently, but it didn’t make a difference.
- I tried printing out of the QTR print tool instead of lightroom.
- I tried 8 bit printing.
- I tried the cassette sheet feeder.
- I tried different paper, Canson Baryta Photographique.
Do you have any suggestions on what to try next? I can print photos fine, it just seems to be a problem with GO.