Printing on Canson Rag Photog

What curve is required to print Cone Piezography warm neutral K7 inks on Canson Rag Photographique 310 gsm paper?

Hi Geoffrey~ Which printer model are you using? We have pre-made curves for the range of Piezography ink tones, including Canson Rag Photographique paper, with the new Piezography 2 ink configuration, but if you’re not using P2 (it hasn’t been officially released yet, but we do have some users already set up and happily printing), you can either use a curve for a paper that is similar (like Hahnemuhle Photo Rag, or Innova Photo Smooth Cotton, etc…), though a custom curve specific to your exact printer, ink, paper and print setting combination will give you the best results possible.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have questions, would like more information on having a custom curve made, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;1176]Hi Geoffrey~ Which printer model are you using? We have pre-made curves for the range of Piezography ink tones, including Canson Rag Photographique paper, with the new Piezography 2 ink configuration, but if you’re not using P2 (it hasn’t been officially released yet, but we do have some users already set up and happily printing), you can either use a curve for a paper that is similar (like Hahnemuhle Photo Rag, or Innova Photo Smooth Cotton, etc…), though a custom curve specific to your exact printer, ink, paper and print setting combination will give you the best results possible.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have questions, would like more information on having a custom curve made, or if there’s anything else I can help you with.
Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

Dana,

I am using an Epson 3880 with the Warm neutral K7 inks. If curves are available from where may I down load them. Thanks for your assistance.

Geoffrey

[QUOTE=Geoffrey Brune;1178]Dana,

I am using an Epson 3880 with the Warm neutral K7 inks. If curves are available from where may I down load them. Thanks for your assistance. Please let me know how I may obtain a custom curve for this paper printer combination.

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey~

Sorry for not responding sooner, my computer suddenly crashed last week and I finally just got a new one set up (and luckily didn’t lose any of my data in the crash).

I will email you the P2-WN-CANragPto curve to try (it will not use shade 7 ink, but will otherwise work with your current K7 setup for non-gloss printing).
You can learn more about our custom curve making service, download everything you need to have a custom curve made, and place your order here: http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.3682/.f?sc=15&category=-115#

Please let me know how things look with the P2 curve I send, if you have any questions or if there’s anything further I can help you with.

[QUOTE=Dana-IJM;1176]Hi Geoffrey~ Which printer model are you using? We have pre-made curves for the range of Piezography ink tones, including Canson Rag Photographique paper, with the new Piezography 2 ink configuration, but if you’re not using P2 (it hasn’t been officially released yet, but we do have some users already set up and happily printing), you can either use a curve for a paper that is similar (like Hahnemuhle Photo Rag, or Innova Photo Smooth Cotton, etc…), though a custom curve specific to your exact printer, ink, paper and print setting combination will give you the best results possible.

Best regards and happy printing~ Dana :)[/QUOTE]

I can support what Dana is advising regarding a custom curve. I had a Canson Rag Photographique curve constructed for my R2400/K7 Neutral system, and the results are beautiful. I’m using this paper exclusively now (at least for a while.)

HFL

Thanks for your feedback hlockwood, I’m happy to hear you’re pleased with the Canson Rag paper and are getting good results with the custom curve I made for you.