Print Tool only printing parts of the image

Working with Epson 7890, Special Edition inks…Print Tool, Quad Tone for the 7890…just did the ink install, getting a good nozzle check.
Printed one image, some yellow in the highlights, not concerned…made a second print to work the yellow out but only the left corner of the image printed. I can’t get the whole image to print.
I have gone back and checked all settings, paper sizes, all that and they seem correct but I still can’t print a whole image
Help, if you can.
Also, with the 7890. I have both Photo black and matte black installed. If I change papers and choose a different profile, must I also switch the blacks or will it happen automatically selected by the profile?
All help appreciated!

What length is your print you are printing? What paper?

Re-installing QTR is probably the first step here.

Also, what version of OS X do you have?

best,
Walker

[QUOTE=walkerblackwell;11995]What length is your print you are printing? What paper?

Re-installing QTR is probably the first step here.

Also, what version of OS X do you have?

best,
Walker[/QUOTE]

Walker, I am using a roll of 61 cm width paper. The print paper size is set to 61x60, roll/auto cut. The image is 50xsomething. It is Archival Matte/Epson. The OS is 10.9.5…I will start by reinstalling QTR and go from there…How about that question I asked concerning photo black and matte black: do I need to do an ink change at the printer, if I change to a glossy profile? Thanks for your help!

You will need to do an MK/PK switch just like normal OEM inks.

To print gloss piezo you need to let the print dry and then do an “over gloss” it’s a bit difficult to do on this machine. There is documentation on recent threads on this forum.

Walker

I read through the posts about GO and the 7890…what would need to be done to set up an older 7800 as a GO application machine?

Simply take 1 new refill cartridge and place your GO in it. Then purge out the LLK channel (using QTR GO-30000 curve). That’s it.

fyi: We will be introducing Pro soon which does Gloss Optimizing same-time as ink.

best,
Walker

Thanks for the information about GO…
My problem with Print Tool only printing one corner of the image continues! I have deleted and reinstalled Print Tool and the 7890 K7 profiles. I have checked and double checked the paper size and settings (Roll/Auto Cut, paper dimensions 601mm x 600 mm, image size 20 in x 14)…
Everything set but when I print, I get a corner of the image only…making me a bit crazy at this point…
Any suggestions would be good…
iMac 27 in, OS El Capitan (latest version, I think)…Help!

This is most likely a paper size issue that you are having.

You can’t go under 8" in length or it will only print one corner. That is a common Epson large-format issue that has plagued epson since the very beginning.

This is most likely a QuadtoneRIP issue if you are printing longer than that. We do not support bugs in quadtoneRIP but you can ask this question at the quadtoneRIP forum at Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, News, Finance, Sports, Shopping, Entertainment, Video

Roy Harrington (the software developer) and a ton of other users will surely help you with paper-size issues related to QuadtoneRIP.

best,
Walker

Walker, thanks for the heads-up to the QuadTone users group…might have found the answer. Will know later today.
About the GO and the 7890, any time frame for the introduction of GO’s same-time as ink printing?
Paul