Hi - I am having problems doing a power clean on my 4880. I’ve read the directions and there are some discrepancies .
Epson pro 4800/4880:
NOTE: 3-4 Power Clean Cycles can be done thru the printer’s control panel, which is the equivalent of doing 1 Initial Fill Cycle
To do a Power Clean Cycle, push the Menu button on the printer, scroll down to select Maintenance, then scroll down to select Power Clean, then push the Menu button to start the cycle.
- Start with the printer power OFF
- Hold the Pause, Down and Right buttons while turning the printer on. The printer will start in “Maintenance Mode3”. 3. Scroll to and select CLEANING.
- Scroll to and select CLEANING.
- Scroll and select INIT FILL.
- When finished, exit Maintenance Mode by turning the printer off, then back on regularly.
When I do step 2, it says “maintenance mode 2” I don’t know if that’s a big deal. When I scroll to cleaning and then choose init fill, the print head engages for a second and the stops. It never goes into the mode. Can anyone help me please?