Piezography Pro Ink Set

As I need to shortly reorder SPED ink for my 3800 I was thinking about the release of the new Pro inkset and had the following questions:

1. will the Pro Inkset obsolete the existing N, WN, C, Se, and SPED inks?

2. with the release of the Pro inkset and the new .quads will you also be supplying different QTR blending configurations to mimic K7 N, WN, C, Se, or SPED inks? Given the million “expressions” that QTR and the Pro inks will allow will this be possible?

thanks!
Michael

1. will the Pro Inkset obsolete the existing N, WN, C, Se, and SPED inks?

Because pro is an entirely new pigment, it’s a different beast and is not really meant to obsolete the old inks.

1. with the release of the Pro inkset and the new .quads will you also be supplying different QTR blending configurations to mimic K7 N, WN, C, Se, or SPED inks? Given the million “expressions” that QTR and the Pro inks will allow will this be possible?

It’s true. One can create a dead-neutral with this ink, as well as a very very close (imperceptibly close) match to the old Piezotone Warm Neutral. (These were two of many goals we were going for in the inkset.) That said, the full-strength warm ink is not as magenta-brown as our current carbon inkset, and the cool inkset also does not have as much magenta in it as the cool of the selenium (otherwise this ink could not create neutral). So long answer short, it was not designed to match the other inksets. It was designed as a balanced system that when mixed together could produce a range of colors including neutral (no small feat when mixing full shades instead of dots of color).

best,
Walker